2016 Updates/Changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOVA99

Reaction score
Any updates or speculation regarding MY2016 or have all these updates been addressed with the 2015i?

Will MY2016 be skipped all together and the platform roll unchanged into MY2017? Colors, sheetmetal, interior, packages, etc.?

Let the speculation begin.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 speed and a v6 to keep up with ford

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 speed and a v6 to keep up with ford

Are you serious about this? At first I thought "you have to be kidding" about the V6 (I'm assuming you're talking about EcoBoost) and then I thought about it. That'd be pretty sweet to have that much power in our trucks. I've driven my dad's EcoBoost before and it'll get up to interstate speed without even trying. He gets nowhere near the advertised gas mileage though haha. I think GM has made it abundantly clear that they don't have to add turbos to make a powerful and fuel efficient engine. Which I agree with. But turbos are pretty cool too.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates or speculation regarding MY2016 or have all these updates been addressed with the 2015i?

Will MY2016 be skipped all together and the platform roll unchanged into MY2017? Colors, sheetmetal, interior, packages, etc.?

Let the speculation begin.

There is no way GM will be skipping MY2016. By summer, the 2015's will have been out for 18 months. I think you will see 2016's being produced this summer with minor changes. Most believe the new 8 speed transmission will be standard for all three versions.

Here are the order/build dates for a "typical" year.

2014 Model Year -- Order banks opened on 4/18/13 and production began 7/1/13.

2013 Model Year -- Order banks opened on 4/19/12 and production began 6/4/12.

Nord

Reaction score
I went on the live chat on the GMC website and asked when the 2016's will be available to order and if they will have an 8 speed transmission. This was the response I got:

Me [2:53 PM]: Hi Melissa, do you know when 2016 Yukon SLT's will be available to order and if they will have the 8 speed transmission?
Melissa [2:55 PM]: Thanks for your interest in the Yukon! As of right now the approximate date for the 2016 model is 07/20/2015 in Arlington, TX. Just a moment while check to see if we have information available yet for the mechanical specifications.
Me [2:55 PM]: Okay, thank you!
Melissa [2:57 PM]: You're welcome! I'd also recommend keeping in touch with your local GMC dealerships for information on when they'll be able to begin ordering these models. Would you like the contact information for dealerships in your area?
Me [2:57 PM]: That's okay, I have their information
Melissa [2:58 PM]: Okay great! Do you have any other questions about the Yukon while you're here?
Me [2:58 PM]: Were you able to find out the mechanical specifications for the 2016 model?
Melissa [2:59 PM]: Oh I apologize; no, we don't have that information available just yet. You may wish to keep an eye on www.media.gm.com for updates on this vehicle.
Melissa [2:59 PM]: http://www.media.gm.com
Melissa [2:59 PM]: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.html

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I recall a conversation which "never happened" correctly, Carplay was intended for the current models. Certain issues surfaced (some from legal) which delayed implementation. That 'might' imply a software upgrade would become available. It would be nice to see GM left the door open for upgrades, new apps, etc.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall a conversation which "never happened" correctly, Carplay was intended for the current models. Certain issues surfaced (some from legal) which delayed implementation. That 'might' imply a software upgrade would become available. It would be nice to see GM left the door open for upgrades, new apps, etc.

Won't happen, hardware changes were included to make it possible that was the only hold up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjphi26

Latest posts