2016 Mazda CX-5. $14,900

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was working, I piled the miles on but it's been a good car. Now that I'm retired, I rarely drive it except for longer trips. It's not good for a car to sit but I don't want to beat it up on the farm.

The car in question is a 2016 Mazda CX-5, AWD, 2.5 Skyactive engine and 6 speed automatic. It looks runs and drives like a 1 year old car. It will need tires in the next few thousand miles but otherwise is in excellent condition. It's turn key (well, push button) condition. Recent oil change and transmission service.

INTERIOR, the seat are mint. The front seats have covers to protect them. I replace the drivers seat cover about once a year as my wallet is rough on it but it's the cover, not the seat. Back seats are like new. Drivers seat is power and both front seats are heated. No rips anywhere. The heat and air both work like new. Run them on high too long and you'll be opening the windows. It's a 5 passenger but unless the rear seat riders are kids, only 2 adults will be comfortable. The car even smells new inside.

EXTERIOR. The car is Soul Red. A $500 option on a new one. NO dents or nicks in the paint. There have been two minor incidents in it's past. The original leasee had a bump on the left rear bumper cover and I had a Deer take out the left rear door. No frame or unibody damage and the door shell was replaced with a Mazda OEM shell. The headlights are trying the craze but I've polished them to really good shape. They aren't perfect. All the doors and hatch open and close smooth with a gentle click.

ELECTRONICS and MAINTENANCE. It's keyless entry and start. With the fob (I have both) in your pocket, you push the button on the door handle to lock and unlock it. It beeps in an insulting manner if you leave it running and shut the door to clear the ice off the glass. It has multiple audio sources. I usually use the FM radio, CD player and USB drive. It is also equipped with navigation but it is a Japanese programming and not the best. It works but not going to another state unless its someplace you went before. Evidently later versions were better. I have a log book, receipts and other maintenance records from my ownership.

DRIVETRAIN and SUSPENSION. As maintenance has been needed, I have taken care of it. Until they made several mistakes, the dealer serviced it. After more than one episode, I do maintenance myself or at a friends shop. The oil isn't due for 4000 miles as I write this. Transmission was recently serviced. Brakes are in good shape.

OTHER STUFF. Except for design features, it looks like a much newer car. The original lease was in New York State. Even so, there is NO RUST on the car. It had a little over 19,000 miles when I bought it. Within a week of purchasing it, I found out how GOOD that AWD drive was when I had to deal with a freezing fog on a bridge. Before I could react, the car straightened itself out when trying to slide. It currently has just over 90,000 miles on it. This will go up from time to time as I take longer drives.

I generally get upper 20's in fuel mileage. At 60 on state highways, I have gotten 32 mpg repeatedly. Interstate driving is 27-29 mpg. I got 35 once but have never been able to repeat it, so I may have just short filled the tank. There is a dash cam in it and it's about 6 years old so my next camera will be newer and dual camera so it goes with the car. A good thing if you let a younger driver drive it. This puppy is a little pocket rocket. It has a Sport setting on the transmission and you can also manual shift it. I've tried Sport once and never shifted it. I am the one and only driver since I got it.

It does not leak any fluids or use oil. I don't smoke and neither do my few passengers. It has roof racks and a Class III hitch receiver in back. I have pulled a trailer a couple of times and it has a 4 wire hook up, but usually when used, it has a hitch mount bike carrier.

I have a clean and clear Indiana title in my name and at hand. The lien is paid off. If you have any questions, feel free to context here by PM, or via Email at [email protected] I can't here the phone so I'm not putting a phone # here.

The price is $14,900. I was going to put new tires on it prior to sale but the warranty, road hazard and free rotation won't transfer so I adjusted the price accordingly. Resized_20230914_123712.jpegResized_20230914_123726.jpegResized_20230914_123737.jpegResized_20230914_123748.jpegResized_20230914_123649.jpeg

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evidently we are limited on the number of photos we can add at one time. Here are some more.

Resized_20230922_141719.jpegResized_20231005_120258.jpegResized_20230922_141518.jpeg

The other interior photos didn't come out well so I'll need to take some more. The center of the rear seat folds down with cup holders for larger passengers.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer several questions, I quit going to the dealer for several reasons. After an oil change and tire rotation, the front wheels nearly fell off on the highway, the oil plug got rounded out, I was told a recently replaced tensioner was leaking oil when it had been replaced just a few months previous, then it ate the belts that were replaced and the pulley shows being grabbed by slip joint pliers and a few other incidents. After these and the oil change doubled in price with a new dealership owner, I quit going there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel