vLED fogs, reverse lights and license plate lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the following from vLEDs today and installed:

5k white 10 LED PS24W - fogs
5k white 15 LED 921 - reverse lamps
5k white 4 LED flank W5W - license plate bulbs

I had previously installed silver star incandescent bulbs in the reverse lights and Philips extreme vision 4k LEDs in the license plate. But wasn't really happy with the improvement. So when I ordered the LED fogs I got 5K vLEDs bulbs for these too.

Plate bulbs:

u9eru6ar.jpg
Stock left and Philips led right

za3eqeju.jpg
Philips LEDs (not much better)

qy8u9u6u.jpg
Philips LED right and vLED left

a2ujajum.jpg
vLEDs (way brighter)

nunaga2y.jpg
vLEDs lighting up the ground

Reverse lamps:

ybu2a2av.jpg
Stock right and silver star left

a2ypuqer.jpg
vLED left and silver star right

6esavyhu.jpg
vLED reverse lights (still Philips 4k led plate bulbs)

3uty3e5u.jpg
vLEDs for both reverse and plate bulbs

ehe3e3up.jpg
Ground shot of overall light output in reverse

ane7e2a2.jpg
vLED bulb in reverse light housing

Fogs:

mysenane.jpg
Stock left and vLED right with 4300k TRS HIDs on

azesehu3.jpg
Both vLED fogs with headlights off. 5K is a good match to DRLs

huvy8ajy.jpg
vLED bulb in fog housing

Also installed 4K osram highbeam bulbs from TRS. They match the LED fogs and HIDs much better than stock. Kinda hard to capture high beams in a picture but here is a shot at it

ju4umu5e.jpg

y5y8enas.jpg

Overall i am very happy with the results. The vLEDs bulbs are definitely much brighter than the Philips and a better value. High quality and super bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Great post, great pics! Congrats. Where are the bulbs sold?

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VLEDS.com - $129 total with shipping for the fogs, license plate and reverse lights.

The high beams were $35 from Theretrofitsource.com

Here is a screen shot of the parts and prices from vLEDs:

u2e6une5.jpg

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Me too!

Lame question, but the bulbs are just an easy swap out, right? No transformer/module, etc.? Other install tips/considerations?

Last edited:

Db239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would also like to know if you feel any of the interior bulbs need to become brighter. I am ordering the fog and rear bulbs and figure I can add those if needed. Thanks

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet... I'd like to change all those out myself. I hate the interior lights! I few my 07 with leds were way brighter.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too!

Lame question, but the bulbs are just an easy swap out, right? No transformer/module, etc.? Other install tips/considerations?

The bulbs are self contained and nothing else is needed. I have no error codes or anything like that.

You can reach the fog bulbs without removing anything but it is a bit tricky. I recommend removing the plug from the bulb first and then removing the bulb from the housing. Same when installing... Put the bulb in the housing then attach the plug.

You need a torx bit to take the tail lights out, I forget what size... There is also a trim piece that is a little bit of a pain to put back on; but, it isn't too bad. The manual has directions on how to do it.

The license bulbs are super simple no tools needed.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

I would also like to know if you feel any of the interior bulbs need to become brighter. I am ordering the fog and rear bulbs and figure I can add those if needed. Thanks

I don't think you can swap out the interior or under mirror LEDs easily. I think they are "hard wired" in.

I agree that they aren't super bright but I like the look. I wish the ones under the side mirrors were brighter though...

I think the daytime running lights could be brighter too; but no swapping those easily either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts