My new DDM hid kit didn't work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
When connected to the headlight system the hids would not light off. There was voltage at the plugs. Even had the engine running a bit. still would not happen. wired one directly to the battery directly and it would light off. Is the existing wiring in the vehicle got some fault that it can not handle the intial current draw. I guess I will have to get a relayed light harness after all. Interesting note: was monitoring battery down to the millivolt and going from parking lamps to head lights and no change in volts between the two. The factory plugs still show voltage when switched on. Thought the 35w slims would have worked without a relay harness add-on. Any thoughts?

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wire plug from the headlights going into the ballast, just flip it, the polarity is reversed.

OP
OP
SunlitComet

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
How the hell does that S*** happen? I will give it a shot this morning if I can get the electrical system back together. Just took the steering column out to wire in a massive alarm and stereo install. Got about sixty connections to make.

OP
OP
SunlitComet

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Dammmmmmnnn. Okay reversing the polarity did not work so am I stuck on getting a relayed harness?

BIGBLUEBUS, Didn't you have a problem with these? how was it fixed?

Last edited:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chistoso is right. Just swap the plugs around...they'll work. That's just the way they work with these GM trucks... I had to do it on both my HIDGate kit and my DDM kit.

BluHoe96

Reaction score
Its definitely what chistoso originally said. Had the exact same problem when I hooked mine up last week. I had juice to each harness, when I hooked up my HID's, no light, but when I put back the stock bulbs, they lit. I was hard pressed to believe that both of my lights would be bad. I read the support threads on the DDM website and found that the chevy lights are REVERSE POLARITY for the HID kits from DDM. Just plug in the HID harnesses so that the clips are on the opposite side of the original notches for them on the vehicle harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727