Z71 fog lights size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaner87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know how big the fog light opening is on a 06 z71 with the round fog lights?

OP
OP
S

Shaner87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, need to know if 3", 3.5", or 4"... Just don't want to order too small or too big. I can't seem to find the info on the opening size. Find tons of threads on bulbs and all that but nothing saying the actual opening size.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, need to know if 3", 3.5", or 4"... Just don't want to order too small or too big. I can't seem to find the info on the opening size. Find tons of threads on bulbs and all that but nothing saying the actual opening size.

You dont trust your measuring tape skills?

My 'Nali is 4" IIRC

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shaner87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No it's not that I can't measure. The Tahoe is in storage and I got my tax money in and just trying to order a few things for it.... Didn't think asking would get so much negative responses.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it's not that I can't measure. The Tahoe is in storage and I got my tax money in and just trying to order a few things for it.... Didn't think asking would get so much negative responses.

Haha, just messing with you man.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I googled it. It's 4" round

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/102188-tahoesuburban-z71-foglights/
Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:06 PM
The fog lights on the 2006 Chevy Tahoe should be the same as the GMC Sierra, which uses the 9145. The 880 likely references 99-02 Silverados/Suburbans that had the oblong styled foglights, not the 4" round.

OP
OP
S

Shaner87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate it. Going to get it out this weekend. Installing nav, backup cam, remote start with security, and headlights/fogs.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh I don't think it's that big. Pretty sure the denali and 03+ Sierra fog holes are bigger than the z71 valance holes. If your looking to put led lights in there is a guy that did it not too far long ago

Edit. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69006
On the first page he shows where his are in the z71 valance and said they are 4". May want to pm him if that's what you are wanting to do.

Last edited:

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got the Z71 valence with 4" square led fog lights. Fit just right, no trimming needed whatsoever. Mounted in a factory hole located just above the the fog light. Wired into the factory harness and works with both the factory switch and after market I installed in overhead console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645