Z71 Cladding People?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at maybe adding the rear quarter cladding piece ( between rear wheel well and bumper). Do you have to have the piece that rivets to the body? Will double sided tape work instead. It's a no go if I have to drill holes. Can't seem to find a pic of the back side. Looks like there is some clips on the bottom as well. Thanks for the info.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a bracket that attaches to the body that holds the z71 cladding on - i believe it is really only assurance that the piece stays put.

Without it i do not know if it will stay on. My thought, try it and see. Use 3m tape.

OP
OP
SRTH8R

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use 3m tape just haven't seen the back side of one to see if there is anything to tape to.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would use 3m tape just haven't seen the back side of one to see if there is anything to tape to.

I found some sites before that showed all the cladding, but cant find them now.

Couldnt find a back side pic w/ a quick search, but heres the bracket on a tahoe / burban may help give an idea.

get-attachment2-1.jpg

OP
OP
SRTH8R

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I found all the removal threads. Just can't get a good pic of the back of the cladding itself. And looks like the right side one has a notch for the exhaust. Not sure if mine will line up with it. Kinda looking like a failed idea at this point. The part is to expensive to purchase just to see.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I found all the removal threads. Just can't get a good pic of the back of the cladding itself. And looks like the right side one has a notch for the exhaust. Not sure if mine will line up with it. Kinda looking like a failed idea at this point. The part is to expensive to purchase just to see.

Get denali cladding if you want something there. Cant recall of hand the differences, but thats what i have pondered doing.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my 2004 Yukon there are already holes for the two brackets on the bottom. If I ever found some cladding for back there I was just going to try and use those two bottom brackets and some double sided mounting tape. Oh and mine is basically a Z71 but GMC form. It has the same suspension and everything. So that might be why mine has holes already.

OP
OP
SRTH8R

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get denali cladding if you want something there. Cant recall of hand the differences, but thats what i have pondered doing.

Denali cladding won't work with flares. Going to keep a look out on eBay for some used ones. Who knows.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Found a suburban one. I think 3m tape and the brackets on the very bottom will work.

70b2d6e9b87022293e306f6b233d9620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700