Yukon / Tahoe rear seat entertainment (RSE) Roku information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ses_yukon

Reaction score
I posted another thread about the challenges of hooking up an AppleTV. I figured I'd post another one about the Roku Express which actually works REALLY well.

Power
The Roku Express pulls power via USB which is awesome. No messing with the factory or external inverters. Just plug it into an open USB port and you're good.

Input Shenanigans
My 2016 doesn't have HDMI, only composite RCA so I needed an adapter. I found an adapter on Amazon and surprisingly it all worked perfectly. The only downside is you need to power the adapter which means another outlet or USB port used up.

Here's a link to the product on Amazon.

Bandwidth
I currently have the 1 month 3GB introductory data plan. Good news is it looks like moving forward the plan is unlimited. So far I've had no real connection issues.

Bottom Line
I originally tried to hook up an AppleTV which didn't go well. However the Roku works great. It has all the streaming apps I need; along with the AppleTV app allowing me to access my iTunes content.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14