yukon problems after boosting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supercharged_yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well i started my 97 yukon gt yesterday by boosting it as it has sat all summer, it started right up but i shut it off before the battery took a charge and when i went to boost it again the horn came on when i hooked the cables to it and stays on now as long as theres power to it. I tryed to start it thinkin the horn might be stuck but now it wont start either any ideas? thanks

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Pull the horn fuse so you don't go crazy while working on it. Fully charge the battery, and see what happens.

OP
OP
supercharged_yukon

supercharged_yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well found out theres power going to the coil but not coming from, anyone heard this happen before after boosting? as for the horn still cant figure out why it is on but fuse is pulled for now

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
you keep saying boosting.... you mean jump starting? cus correct me if im wrong but i thought you ment boost as in PSI. like you name suggests. so are you talking about jump starting?

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you hook them up properly the first time? Or did you accidently hook them cables up bass ackwards?

Another good possibility is that you need to disable the security system. When they sit for a long time they kick in after being charged. There is a relearn process, but I cant remember it off the top of my head.

OP
OP
supercharged_yukon

supercharged_yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well the cables are old and the paint is all off them so possibly i did mix them up and stick them on backwards :s dont know for sure though and i did have to mess witht he alarm when i first boosted it, so what might it have done if the cables got mixed up and back wards?

drizzy38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if u hooked up the cables wrong u may have fried the security system computer, try unplugging it for 5 mins then try again. also if that doesnt work try disconnecting the main battery again for about 5 minutes give it a good charge then reinstall see what happens.

OP
OP
supercharged_yukon

supercharged_yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i tried unhooking the battery for a while that didnt work. where is the computer fir the security system located?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seeker