Yukon Denali Wheel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I plan to order a 2022 Denali in August when the window opens. I want 20" wheels but the model I want only comes with 22" wheels. Does anyone have experience working with their dealer to swap out the wheels with another vehicle in stock? Was it an even exchange or did they want to charge? Did you negotiate this with the order or at delivery?

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to order a 2022 Denali in August when the window opens. I want 20" wheels but the model I want only comes with 22" wheels. Does anyone have experience working with their dealer to swap out the wheels with another vehicle in stock? Was it an even exchange or did they want to charge? Did you negotiate this with the order or at delivery?

Thx for the question - looking at the same option. Was told by my local dealer that he could order the Denali with 20" wheels, but I haven't taken it further because I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet.

OP
OP
C

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thx for the question - looking at the same option. Was told by my local dealer that he could order the Denali with 20" wheels, but I haven't taken it further because I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet.
The option package seems to preclude 20" wheels. But I will ask when I order. Thanks.

Trides

Reaction score
I tried to have the dealer switch wheels when buying my Tahoe off the lot and they stated in the past they had but couldn’t now as it raises warranty problems down the road

Leon00000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My sales guy told me Some trucks arrived with all steel wheels, and the ordered wheel will arrive separately. If you don't wanna get the difference refunded i am sure they are willing to do it.. I live in North, lots of us use two set of tires, and both fine with warranty.
While i ordered my truck i want all-weather tire, they just swap mine continental with a set of firestone, no hassle at all.

Midnight SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I actually just did the opposite. I changed out my 20" wheels for the 22" denali wheels. I have the 20" wheels and tires for sale, if you want to PM me. I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My sales guy told me Some trucks arrived with all steel wheels, and the ordered wheel will arrive separately. If you don't wanna get the difference refunded i am sure they are willing to do it.. I live in North, lots of us use two set of tires, and both fine with warranty.
While i ordered my truck i want all-weather tire, they just swap mine continental with a set of firestone, no hassle at all.
Those are most likely the transit rims. They use those to transport the vehicles that have 22"'s so they don't get damaged.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't find a dealer that will swap a set of rims off another brand new vehicle on the lot with yours, simply for the fact that if it was ordered from the factory with a particular set of wheels, (which would be on the window sticker) They have to sell that vehicle whole (and yours!) as listed on the window sticker. If you were dealing with a used vehiicle, that usually has a different set of rules.

OP
OP
C

cqmorrison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You won't find a dealer that will swap a set of rims off another brand new vehicle on the lot with yours, simply for the fact that if it was ordered from the factory with a particular set of wheels, (which would be on the window sticker) They have to sell that vehicle whole (and yours!) as listed on the window sticker. If you were dealing with a used vehiicle, that usually has a different set of rules.
Thanks. If I go this route, maybe there will be a relatively new truck on the lot with 20" wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown