XL Denali MPG Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilmncnative

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently picked up a stock 07 XL Denali. Getting 12.5 mpg around town and with some incidental highway time since we picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Is this the best that I should expect? What do most other 6.2 drivers get? Are there any mods that will improve gas mileage? If so, what are they?

Thanks in advance for the input.

And yes.....I am a newbie and am sorry if this is a frequent topic but my searches here discuss air intake and exhaust and a funny thread about so,embody bragging about a truck they apparently don't own. :gathering:

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds right to me.

I don't know of anything to help other than theoretical:

1) Drive much slower
2) Inflate tires to max (reduces road friction so be careful)
3) Empty the vehicle (but then what is the point of the XL)
4) Only fill up half each time to reduce fuel weight

In all, I would expect less than 1MPG improvement when all combined in the real world.

Cheers

Davey

Reaction score
I get 13 city and 19-20 on the hwy. It all depends on your foot. My wife only gets 11 in the city and 18 on the hwy with it. Would HIGHLY recommend the Black Bear tune!

Kenric

Reaction score
I get about 16.5 MPG per tankful for mixed driving. I can get 20+ on the highway if I keep it under 60. Otherwise I get about 18 at 70-75.
The only thing I have done is increase the tire pressure to 45 PSI.

Other than that I drive fairly agressively. The big thing I do is watch ahead and try to plan for using my brakes as little as possible. For example, if I can see ahead that I am going to have to stop in a quarter mile or so, I will let off the pedal and coast as much as I can. I will even shift into neutral at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts