Would you buy a Tahoe with 150k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sfltahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys I'm new to the Tahoe world. I come from a diesel background and 150k miles is just warming up. There is an 07 LT for sale near me with 150k miles on it. The guy has lowered his price 3 times already and is down to $12k on the price. He claims it is all highway miles. I just don't want to buy it and replace a motor a few months later. Any feed back would be appreciated.

gobrowntruck21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be replacing a motor anytime soon. That mileage wouldn't scare me a bit. However, that price would. $12k seems high to me.

OP
OP
S

Sfltahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It's actually the cheapest I've seen so far. If anyone knows of a good deal I have cash.

mattluttrell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an Escalade with 143k miles. It ran great when I bought it. I changed all the fluids in it per the manual anyway. Transmission fluid and differential oil were a little dark. I changed the plugs and cables too.

It is still running great and averaging just over 17mpg. I would not hesitate to buy another with this mileage.

I do plan on having to do bushing, ball joints, tie rod ends and steering linkages though at some point.. I have all the tools and it should take a Sunday.

Lancaster

Reaction score
I agree and would not hesitate. I have 100k on mine and have only needed a water pump and the lifters, which were both done under warrantee. Other than that it has just been normal stuff like brakes and tires. I would recommend getting a good service history on it. If the car needs all fluids, brakes, tires, and a few normal replacement parts ( thinking suspension at this mileage) ; you could be looking at some big bucks for everything. Definitely have it inspected. Look out for rust if you are in the rust belt or if the car came from it.

For the most part you'll find these cars are rock solid and cheap to maintain.

OP
OP
S

Sfltahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm gonna go check it out see what kind of shape it's in.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would never pay that kinda money on an 07 with a 150k miles
you can easily find a tahoe in the same year range with less miles
whats the trade in value when you book it on kelly blue books site

Shrek

Reaction score
I bought a 2001 with 159k in 2009. Regular maintenance and got it to 250k before we traded it. The miles would scare me off but as others have said, the price would

OP
OP
S

Sfltahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I decided to keep looking. I've searched craigslist, autotrader, eBay, and this forum for a good deal but haven't found anything. I'm trying to stay around $15k. If you guys have any suggestions on where else to look please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn