Would like to add jump seat to 2nd row captains chairs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would like to add a center jump seat to 2nd row captains chairs in a 2015 Denali XL. Anybody try this? Are there any aftermarket options available? Anyone try fitting a front row consol/jump seat in the 2nd row?

Thanks for any thoughts... Eric

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like most people swap captains for bench with someone.

OP
OP
Avalanchediver
Reaction score
I know that seems like the best solution, but I prefer the captains chairs. Just need a 3rd seat in the 2nd row on occasion. Seems like a sellable accessory. Just hoping someone makes something that woulds work...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that seems like the best solution, but I prefer the captains chairs. Just need a 3rd seat in the 2nd row on occasion. Seems like a sellable accessory. Just hoping someone makes something that woulds work...

IMO, Captains chairs are less comfortable, less roomy and give you fewer seating options. They do look better and give easier access to the third row though.

You’re essentially eliminating that benefit with a jump seat.

With all of that said, maybe something like this would work? http://shop4seats.com/truck-seats/jump-seats-and-consoles.html

OP
OP
Avalanchediver
Reaction score
Thank you, that is just what I had in mind. Hope I can figure a way to make it removable and just use it when needed.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree. If it's not securely bolted into the floor with some sort of support, It would be a liability in an accident.

OP
OP
Avalanchediver
Reaction score
There is always a way...

Not sure I'll find the way, but there's always a way to do it...

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is always a way...

Not sure I'll find the way, but there's always a way to do it...

You’re better off buying a bench and just ‘swapping’ that in when you need it.

At least it’s been crash tested etc.

Blitzed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought automotive seat foam and cut it up to fit in the empty space. It’s not secure at all but I am just using it for the dog on long trips. He ( the dog) hates the capitan chairs. Was used to a 04 hoe with a bench which was my previous whip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts