Winter MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down to 13.3 mpg, yikes! About 3 lower than before. Anyone else with a big drop since it got cold?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Here in the Midwest they use a 'winterblend' fuel and each year I see about a 3-4 MPG decrease from the norm.....also letting your vehicle idle longer/warm up will take away as well.

lawdog302

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dont forget that when you warm the vehicle so its all cozy when its cold its burning mpg!

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Here in the Midwest they use a 'winterblend' fuel and each year I see about a 3-4 MPG decrease from the norm.....also letting your vehicle idle longer/warm up will take away as well.

Yeah, all my vehicles lose fuel economy with the winter blend fuels.

cforsak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here in South Carolina, I'm getting 14.8 on both the meter and calculated. I'm also a big fan of leaving the truck warm 5 mins. plus before placing the little ones on car seats. I drive pretty normal though without stomping on it all the time. That's on the 6.2L.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk