will factory dvd player play while driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i dont have the factory dvd player but was thinking about buying one but only if i can rig it to play while driving. its for the passenger to watch and not me. anyone know and is it plug and play to install the dvd player? thanks

CPMS

Reaction score
If it' OEM, it won't show the movie while you're driving unless you get an aftermarket kit to unlock that safety feature. If you get the rear DVD, it will show there while the vehicle is moving. Not sure how tough it is to install, my Escalade and Tahoe came with it. I'd assume all the harnesses are there and it should be plug and play.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a company that makes a lockpicc ofr the tahoes and its plug n play you see activate the rear camera and unlocc the dvd player while driving the standard one is like $200+ if i recall correctly.

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a fairly simple install. You will need to solder some wires for power, ground. You will also have to cut the VSS and GMLAN wires and connect wires from the module in between them (make sure you solder BOTH of these wires). I have used quite a few different VIM modules to do this and NAV-TV, at least in my opinion, is by far the best one.

Here is a link to the NAV-TV module
http://www.navtv.com/product/15/gmvim-usb.html

You may want to call them since your nav wasn't installed at the factory and this module operates by the steering wheel controls. They have always been very helpful when I had to call them.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll have the find the company that makes the lockpick i kno a few ppl on here may have one installed but there is absolutly no cutting or solder involved. all plug n play.. I have heard there may be a few kinks with it working with the 09 version nav disc thought but this was months bac they may have solved the problem i believe.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep... lockpick will allow you to watch DVDs on the NAV screen while in motion. I don't have it, but have seen it. Plug and play install. You can activate/deactivate it by tapping the mute key on the steering wheel controls if I recall correctly. Just in case the law comes by.

OP
OP
J

julio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. im going to be on the look out for a used dvd/nav screen and get this mod done along with hid fogs and katskins and my tahoe will be perfect. thanks again :head3:

Bowtye8

Reaction score
I think I eill try the gen V version for 249.00. Dont plan on adding the extra vid inputs etc on the GMX322.
Will try to have it by next weekend and post back the results. The video install smaple seems to make it pretty easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4

Latest posts