WHOA: Rumors of GM offering dealer-installed superchargers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM has been locking tuners out for a while now that's nothing new, that being said my dealer will install a supercharger upon request at least on previous models, not sure on the T2's
It's just a matter of time until the powers that be unlock the ECU's they just barely got into the 2018's in the last year or so, I am sure the team over in New Zealand is working ******* it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about time...

Though I'm not sure how I feel if it ends up being a "dealer installed" option. I think we have had experience that not all dealers are created equal.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be a while before they get into the new system it's android based and probably controls every aspect of the vehicle which could create a huge vehicle security issue, which probably also means any loophole found could be patched via a OVER THE AIR update and there locked out again. This may create a scenario where the only way to tune it is to pull the ecu and have it programmed and then re-installed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269