Who’s Towed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has done any towing with their new units? What are your thoughts or comparisons to the last generation if you had one?

Vic Vinegar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Short hauls towing with my 21 Yukon xl Denali duramax ultimate. Tows great, just don’t like the small payload you get with max options. Dry weight is 6k, max weight is 7600.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck tows very well. We tow 2 side by sides (4 seater and a 2 seater) on a flatbed trailer with a breeze. The larger radiator has made a huge difference for us. We do some very steep hauls to 11,000 ft elevation in the Southwest part of Colorado. Our last Yukon would start to overheat pulling this same load. I love the camera angles on this new one, makes hooking up easier.

Vic Vinegar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Towed to door county WI this weekend. Pretty windy. Averaged 9.5 mpg. Actually pissed about how ****** the diesel performed but I was using a 5.3 Tahoe previously so it is what it is.

Dustin Mustangs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve towed our boat a bit. With gear and trailer just shy of 8k pounds so right at the limit. Frontal area is pretty big too, 8.5’ beam and over 9’ to the top of the windshield. My 5.3 rst was unphased by it, 9.9 mpg through two cities and a 20 mile stretch of 60mph in between.

Kinda surprised the diesel mileage numbers above weren’t better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins