Where did all the incentives go???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that Christmas is over, but the prices went up by 2k to 2.5k on both yukon and yukon xl. Sales for both models are down for last year overall for both models.

Anyone have any idea if the prices/incentives will come back for President's day?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends upon the supply of vehicles. If there is not an inordinate over supply, incentives go down. If there is a huge supply and they need to move inventory, then they will go up.

What is also interesting, is that incentives are also tied to where you live.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, I noticed the same... the 18 denali XL I was very close to purchasing 2wks ago is now $3k higher. Dealer is unable to include additional incentives that were offered 2wks ago.

Last edited:

At Law

Reaction score
Agreed.

The incentives are absolutely ridiculous right now. And this is January, when sales are in decline.

What sleighs me is you cannot lease 2017's any longer. I have never heard of a manufacturer who won't lease last model year's at least through Jan / Feb.

These are Chevys and GMCs, it isn't as if they are rare and impossible to find.

The deals on the leftover 2017's are mediocre at best. And the deals on the 2018's are non existent.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, I noticed the same... the 18 denali XL I was very close to purchasing 2wks ago is now $3k higher. Dealer is unable to include additional incentives that were offered 2wks ago.
X2. I had my eye on 3, each at different dealers. They’re now up to $5k more than they were in December. I really wasn’t ready until about spring break so I’m hoping some sort of “spring time blow out sale” will be popular lol

You’d think with the new Fords out, GM would be doing something more. And have you seen the interior of the new RAM?! (Yeah I know, not an SUV) Wow that interior takes a dump all over GM.

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those December incentives got me into my Yukon XL... honestly wasn't ready to purchase as I had 2 months left on my current Dodge Ram lease but couldn't pass up everything they offered and the lease price I got!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz