What's The General Wait Time From Order To Arrival These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon 3.0L Reserve ordered 03/02/2022 GMC accepted 03/17/2022. Awaiting more details from dealer.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is 11% off a Ram? When I looked a few months back, the best I saw was I believe 6%

I’m an SUV guy, but getting frustrated with GM

These are all on ordered units...

Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA...that % is on a 2500/3500 (which don't have any rebates)...think the half tons are somewhere in the same percentage, or more when you add in any rebates (essentially starting below or at employee pricing)

They also discount any/all their Ram/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles...when I ordered in December, the salesperson i worked with said they had over 700 vehicles on order...buyers are literally buying from them and paying $1500-2k on shipping across the country and still coming out $6/7/8k+ or more ahead vs local dealers charging sticker or above sticker...buyers even forfeiting deposits and coming out way ahead...granted everyone has a threshold on what they'll do in order to save $xxxx...they deliver for free up to 250 miles

Easiest way to get all the info is to build online what you may be interested in ordering and email that summary to [email protected]

here's the half ton forum thread about them

There are a few other dealers around the country that are pretty close to the same deal (think one in IA, TN, and PA) - others are close but may not have price protection (price protection is something the dealer has to apply for...you pay based on the MSRP/Invoice price when you order vs when the window sticker is actually produced.

my ordered RAM 3500, bighorn dually

ordered on December 1st
ordered MSRP $73,120
agreed upon price at order $64,733 (this doesn't include an additional $500 off for being an affiliate member - there are quite a few places where you can pay for a random membership and after 60 days receive the same additional discount)

MSRP when built $75,990 (end of Jan - picked it up mid Feb)
paid the agreed upon price
Makes my discount % inflated as there were two price increases during my order to build timeframe

Build was quoted to be up to 20 weeks - mine was right at 12 weeks
another forum is tracking users ordered trucks (at various dealerships) and they have over 1000 VINs listed

i got most of my info off that forum since I was buying a HD

easiest buying experience ever...and that's not an exaggeration

TallDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Yukon XL Denali, Hunter Green with Teak/Light Shale. 4x4, 6.2, bucket seats – single options: ZL6, B3L, C3U, F47, RPU.

My timeline so far for those looking for data points:

1100 (as a diesel ultimate package, then reduced to a reserve package): December 10th;

2000 (with 6.2, without any packages and all non-constrained single options added): February 17th;

3000: Feb 22nd;

3100: March 9th;

3300: March 10th ;

3400: March 15th .

Anyone knows how long from 3400 to production and shipment these days?

Edit: Veh produced on March 23rd.

Last edited:

GTPace500

Reaction score
@GTPace500 you’re saying that you pulled your 2022 order and plan to order 2023 model since the suppliers have committed to the initial run of 23’s next fall? Does this mean that the 2022 production won’t meet all existing orders prior to cutoff? Sounds as if you’re voluntarily giving up place in the existing order line to take a direct chance at the 2023 production?
I am - I'm not going to shell out 80k plus for constrained items that cannot be retrofit. My back isn't the greatest, so 4-way lumbar with all the trimmings would have bene welcome. That is constrained with no retrofit. Front and rear sensors, while having the possibility of a retrofit, wouldn't likely happen until much later in the year. My wife could definitely use those immediately though. Same goes for all the rest. I'd rather wait for a newer model (which has the possibility at some minor upgrades to dash, etc.) that will have the initial run of materials present than the '22 with constraints. I do very much need the additional space right away as I'm expecting my 4th in about a month, but I'll make do in my MDX at current.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are the updates for 2023? I assume minimal considering 24 is a rumored refresh?
Maybe a Denali Ultimate Trim level (not a package) similar to the Denali Ultimate 1/2 ton truck - check GM Authority newsletter

Gloskers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered a 3.0L Yukon SLT June 2021, order hasn’t moved at all and the dealer can’t give any estimate when it might be built. Wouldn’t mind the waiting times nearly as much if there was better communication with the customer as to status and expectations of a timeline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts