Whats the Best 6" Lift, Money is No Object

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRedSled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright guys, there appears to be some great input from some very knowledgeable folks on this forum. For that reason i want some input on what you believe is the best 6" lift for a 4 door 4wd tahoe 99 model. Thanks in advance!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best one in my opinion would be a SAS with 6" lift springs.

if you want to keep the IFS front end, Procomp or the Dick Cepek kit are very well liked. really depends on what you plan on doing with it, and how often its going to leave the pavement.

OP
OP
T

TheRedSled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah, thinking i will keep the IFS not really wanting to convert. This truck will need to ride good for being lifted cause it will be driven on the highway some, but will spend lots of time in the deer and duck woods as well as cruising gravel in the bottoms. Has anyone bought one of the new Rough Country 6" lifts, price is low and makes me wonder if it is worth a crap.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Dick Cepek stage's 1 & 2 seems like great kits and I doubt you could go wrong with a nice pro comp kit. A lot of people seem to like the new 6" RCX kits and I haven't heard any problems.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, thinking i will keep the IFS not really wanting to convert. This truck will need to ride good for being lifted cause it will be driven on the highway some, but will spend lots of time in the deer and duck woods as well as cruising gravel in the bottoms. Has anyone bought one of the new Rough Country 6" lifts, price is low and makes me wonder if it is worth a crap.

Ask Bowtiefreak, he's got the RCX kit on his Tahoe, putting one on his 'Burban, too.

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Rough Country 6" lift, and have had no issues with it. Definitely something for a pro to install though.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask Bowtiefreak, he's got the RCX kit on his Tahoe, putting one on his 'Burban, too.

I think he's got a Cepek kit on his Tahoe, but is going with RCX on his 'Burban. From my understanding, the Cepek kit is a true 6.5" suspension lift, where a lot of other kits are 4"-6" (6" with cranked T-bars). If you're going to keep IFS, optimizing CV angles will help keep things in check. Proper SAS would really up the "bulletproof" factor, and I think it would still be streetable. (Sidenote : saw an 07-11 SAS Silverado the other day on the freeway with what looked like 37's and probably 8-9" inches over stock ride height, it was awesome )

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
I think he's got a Cepek kit on his Tahoe, but is going with RCX on his 'Burban. From my understanding, the Cepek kit is a true 6.5" suspension lift, where a lot of other kits are 4"-6" (6" with cranked T-bars). If you're going to keep IFS, optimizing CV angles will help keep things in check. Proper SAS would really up the "bulletproof" factor, and I think it would still be streetable. (Sidenote : saw an 07-11 SAS Silverado the other day on the freeway with what looked like 37's and probably 8-9" inches over stock ride height, it was awesome )

This is acurate. Bowtiefreak has the Cepek lift which yields a true 6.5" lift. He loves it and I've never heard any bad complaints about it.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been offline lately.

I run the Cepek kit, it is the tallest 6" kit out there with a true 6.5" differential drop. I have mine set at around 8" of front lift, with 6" Procomp springs out back. I love that set up. I will be doing a RCX kit on a burban this sprinf and laying the CVs flat for my guess around 5" of lift

I vote Cepek if you have the money. Keep in mind that any of the shocks that come with the lifts are pretty much shit too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon