What tires did you switch to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
275/55R20 is the standard optional size

I like a little more aggressive tire for the snow and a little off roading during hunting season

I was using Michelin’s at2 but they were discontinued this year

I am considering Goodyear’s
Trail runner at. Goodyear’s wrangleron/off road with Kevlar
Michelin’s defender ms

Firestone’s destination at

What are the experiences and choices you’ve made?

Last edited:

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
I spend most of my time on blacktop rain and snow and next to none in Mudd.
For example as soon as I make a decision I will be driving to the N E area for work. 2000 miles on blacktop and potentially snow /ice mix.

I'm leaning towards the Firestone Destination A/T. Tread looks suitable for my application.

I just need to find out it they are compatible with say a - 44 offset 20x12 rim selection or do I need to make some adjustments somewhere.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been very happy with my Falken Wildpeak AT/3's. They are snow and ice rated as well.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread topic as I will need to replace the 285/45/R22 Bridgestones on my 2015 Escalade ESV soon, and was wondering the same thing.
Needless to say here in FL, I do not have to deal with snow, and am looking for good road tires with traction and a smooth/quiet ride?

VikYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good thread topic as I will need to replace the 285/45/R22 Bridgestones on my 2015 Escalade ESV soon, and was wondering the same thing.
Needless to say here in FL, I do not have to deal with snow, and am looking for good road tires with traction and a smooth/quiet ride?

I’ve been happy with my Michelin Defenders on my 15i Yukon in FL. They are quiet but excellent traction-wise.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering Toyo, Nitto or Cooper. I decided I wanted "buy American" so I went Cooper. (I wouldn't run Goodyear on my child's pull-along wagon!).

I choose the Zeon LTZ in 305/50r20 and LOVE them! They rub some and hum some, but are a great tire with great looks. So far they are excellent in rain--no snow (too cold!).

image.jpg image.jpg

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin LTX MS2 for summer, Michelin LTX Wintr for the winter.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
Michelin is always a safe bet, the Defenders have great reviews and testimonials.

I swear by BFG All Terrains but my tyipcal driving is a bit different up here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts