What is this engine noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
holy shit i didnt expect that......
i was straight then through a left turn but it happens any direction and yes when accelerating...almost seems to dissipate over like 60 mph but dont hold me to that....
so not a lifter or anything engine wise?

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
i just listened to sway bar rattling on you tube and it sounds nothing like that so im wondering if youre hearing what i am at 26 seconds - 30 seconds only....sounds like marbles rattling in a can
and actually not doing it while turning only when accelerating

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It would help, in the beginning, to know when you experienced the noise, like you just said. Is there any other way you can make it make the noise or is it just when accelerate? Accelerate when going straight or during/after a turn?

That noise could be the exhaust shields, the link washers-check them, don't disregard them just because you heard a video somewhere. Belt tensioners? If a/c is on, the compressor clutch/bearings? Transmission shield and/or flexplate? Etc.....

OP
OP
yukon06

yukon06

Reaction score
It would help, in the beginning, to know when you experienced the noise, like you just said. Is there any other way you can make it make the noise or is it just when accelerate? Accelerate when going straight or during/after a turn?

That noise could be the exhaust shields, the link washers-check them, don't disregard them just because you heard a video somewhere. Belt tensioners? If a/c is on, the compressor clutch/bearings? Transmission shield and/or flexplate? Etc.....
Ok maybe this will signify something
First, ac is iff everything off.
Only happens when accelerating doesnt matter straight or turning that makes no difference just acceleration.
As for anything underneath rattling i was under today doing oil change i saw 2 muffler’s, or cats that had no shields they look pretty new. If i peered from underneath from middle of truck looking forward up and on left was something looked like it had a shield that was maybe not all there. I dint know what it was or even if its supposed to look like that or not i was focused on getting oil changed it was raining and wanted to get done but with that said i dont see how it could be anything else except for something internal as its only happening upon accelerating.

I was taking another video few minutes ago and was accelerating pretty hard because i wanted the noise to jeep going as long as possible i had to slow down for a light and realized I didn’t start taking the video. I was gonna then take a video but the noise stopped even with me accelerating hard again…. Does that signify anything that the noise was there, i was on the pedal hard then i let off and got back on it but the noise wouldn’t continue…..
Ill try for a video little while later again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic