what is missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Spare tire carrier 2004 yukon. The plastic piece that inserts into the carrier looks like something is missing.

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It`s been years since i changed mine but if i remember correctly there was a piece that you have to take off the old one and put it on the new one that holds that tube in place.

OP
OP
Firebirdgm2000
Reaction score
This is the piece I am talking about, the plastic tube just hangs there but there is nothing to hold it on that carrier bolt.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can`t seem to find what it`s called but you can see the part in this video just FF to the 8:10 mark and he shows it.

This is from a pickup but i`m pretty sure they`re the same part.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`ve been looking for a while and i`m coming up empty on finding that part. I hate to say it but it might be a dealer only item. Or a junkyard if you have any near you would obviously be a cheaper option.

OP
OP
Firebirdgm2000
Reaction score
Okay great, THANK YOU! At least now I know there is something missing. The best thing is i've seen this video because my spare was stuck and needed to bypass the second locking system. Never watched it in full. Now it's time to start looking!

O5Denali

Reaction score
I think thats the wrong piece.

I'll post up a picture of what you're missing Monday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bandaid bandit