What exactly is this GMC Wifi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about it??

I can't find any details online.

Is it an independent internet service that you have to pay for??

Can it be installed DIY or does it require some specialty setup/configuration to get it installed?

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is basically just an in car hotspot that is hard wired into the car. Not sure if there are advantages over any other type of in car hotspot. I would think it should provide internet access directly to the radio / nav... But not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcwood247

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have it in my 2015 Yukon Denali. It's pretty much just a 3G WiFi router. As far as I can tell there isn't any integration with IntelliLink. It comes with 50MB/month (wow!) free for the first 12 months as a trial. Service is $30/month for 1GB of data, or $60/month for 5GB of data. The only thing that it does different than others is that it has other features (see pics) that you can add on, again for an additional service fee. Some of them seem pretty cool, especially if you have kids of the driving age. For me it's just not worth the price for service.

Pics from autonetmobile (http://www.autonetmobile.com/oe/) service offerings:

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

---

On the other hand, the new OnStar 4G LTE would be worth it (if my vehicle would've had it). In theory I could just add it to my AT&T data share plan for $10/month.

Last edited:

kskcheche

Reaction score
That's stupid when smart phones have tethering that do absolutely the same thing and you are already paying for it!

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it in my 2015 Yukon Denali. It's pretty much just a 3G WiFi router. As far as I can tell there isn't any integration with IntelliLink. It comes with 50MB/month (wow!) free for the first 12 months as a trial. Service is $30/month for 1GB of data, or $60/month for 5GB of data. The only thing that it does different than others is that it has other features (see pics) that you can add on, again for an additional service fee. Some of them seem pretty cool, especially if you have kids of the driving age. For me it's just not worth the price for service.

Pics from autonetmobile (http://www.autonetmobile.com/oe/) service offerings:

View attachment 27251

View attachment 27252

View attachment 27253

---

On the other hand, the new OnStar 4G LTE would be worth it (if my vehicle would've had it). In theory I could just add it to my AT&T data share plan for $10/month.
Just remember if you have unlimited data like I do for AT&T that will go away if you turn on tethering service on your phone. Then they cap you at 5gb because tethering doesn't have an unlimited plan. Your right though, I also think it's still better then the built in unit. Or if your going to pay for another device get a MiFi which you can take with you.

yukon0397

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gm wireless interface network module kit

What is this GM accessory and what does it do? WIRELESS INTERFACE NETWORK MODULE KIT - GM (22871071) MSRP $535

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can mount an I5 phone for in the dash that would do more for less money... $535 for the module is nuts.

kskcheche

Reaction score
Just remember if you have unlimited data like I do for AT&T that will go away if you turn on tethering service on your phone. Then they cap you at 5gb because tethering doesn't have an unlimited plan. Your right though, I also think it's still better then the built in unit. Or if your going to pay for another device get a MiFi which you can take with you.

:jester: If you still think you have "unlimited" data you're crazy. There have been numerous test's that show unlimited data plan users are severely capped after you have used only a small amount of data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640