What’s this noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wheel bearing? Squeaky toy?

possibly, best to jack it up so the wheel is off the ground, spin it and listen and see if it has any play at 12 & 6 (should be none) and also at 9 & 3 there will be some play there normally due to steering.
note that if it is the wheel bearing it is advisable to do both side as it is common for the other side go out soon after.
recomend oem or timken, skp. cheap aftermarket gets cheap results.......

OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I haven’t had a chance to jack it up and check for play yet. Question… it’s better to replace the whole hub rather than just the bearing, correct?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I haven’t had a chance to jack it up and check for play yet. Question… it’s better to replace the whole hub rather than just the bearing, correct?
you can only change the hub as a whole. the bearing inside it is non serviceable. id stick tot he 3 more popular brands, moog, skf or timkin.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the hubs on these are 1 piece it's not like the old days where you could slap a new bearing on grease it up and be on your way. that being said they are relatively easy to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsaget

Latest posts