Wait till mid year refresh!?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about anyone else, but if I was in line waiting for get a Yukon, Tahoe, or Esky, I would be waiting till the mid year refresh. After already getting shafted on the 8 speed tranny and other misc things, I was reading that the "wave your foot under the rear bumper to activate door" feature will be a mid year refresh that can't be added to the current model...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/06/27/not-so-ancient-text-reveals-chevy-tahoe-secret-feature/

Thoughts?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is I am not getting a new anything. LOL

I will wait till the models depreciate.

I never got the "new" 2007s. Waited till 2010 and got a 2009.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is I am not getting a new anything. LOL

I will wait till the models depreciate.

I never got the "new" 2007s. Waited till 2010 and got a 2009.

I will get a mid year refresh (or 2016) in a couple years.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will get a mid year refresh (or 2016) in a couple years.

:win:

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

On a side note. Do most of our members even have a gm SUV anymore? Hahahaa

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the 8 speed and 360 camera in a Denali XL 4x4 that can be had for $45K and under 30k miles :D

Probably be a couple years for me.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Esky vs Denali updates for 2016my. It Kills me holding out

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer field rep says that the 8 speed will not show up until the 16' MY next fall at the earliest.
I could care less about the foot sweep thing, there is a button on the fob that does everything I ned. I would just love to have the vehicle I ordered last February built and in our driveway.

Spinzone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for telling everyone about my embarrassing moment, Nate. All of my neighbors thought I'd lost my mind seeing me kicking my foot under the liftgate, stupid manual!

GM couldn't sell me a new 8 speed tranny in its first model year. I've got some friends who have really suffered over Mopar's 1st year 8 speed gremlins, so perhaps I'm a little gun shy.

34 more months and this '15 is paid for. The day the warranty expires, I'm sure I'll be at the dealership buying a new one with the one feature I'm really dying for.... that 360 degree camera!

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The foot activated lift gate is no issue to retrofit it requires less than $200 in parts and some custom programming from me. I do hate to tell you guys this but the 360 degree camera at least from the factory is Escalade only.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were purchasing the mid year refreshed escalade with the 8 speed, I would probably be hesitant and wait for the next model year just to make sure all the kinks are worked out with the new transmission. However, I've been looking at possibly leasing for business purposes by the end of the year and in that case I wouldn't be as worried about the 8 speed as I would not be keeping the vehicle long term or worrying about it's resale. So there's less to worry about.