Viper w/SmartStart or OnStar w/Safe and Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diveriter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between Viper 5104 and VSM250 with their GPS Secure plan. With hardware and 3yr service my cost is about $800 for 3yrs. compared to OnStar Safe and Sound service (already have installed hw) which would cost about $500 for 3yrs. The 1 thing the Viper doesn't do that I would consider very important that OnStar does is give you vehicle stats as well as monthly vehicle status and code readings.

What say you??

David

YUKON1999

Reaction score
I have a viper 5902 I think is the model with a motion sensor add on and I am happy with
Is where your at really that bad that you need the GPS stuff. Jw

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

diveriter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a viper 5902 I think is the model with a motion sensor add on and I am happy with
Is where your at really that bad that you need the GPS stuff. Jw

I don't need GPS on it, but was trying to compare apples to apples. I had an old school (2006) Viper SST with remote start and I loved it. I have remote start now, but it won't even ********* out of the house. I have to open the door. My Viper would go at least a mile line of sight.

David

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Onstar had a phone app where you could start the car and stuff over cellular?