Violence against police.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Well I just read a lengthy report handed to me Friday. This goes out to all owners of PPV and SSV vehicles. Be aware of what's around you at all times. Terrorists and gang members that are looking to move up their ranks by hurting police and federal employees may be targeting the said vehicles they drive in hope they are the people driving them. Just something to be thinking about. I would hope the same persons or people who drive these vehicles are 2nd amendment enthusiasts.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always kept this in the back of my head, actually. It's a concern for all of uniformed patrol at all times, in their marked vehicles or their POV. But along with the 'humor' of people slowing down around us, I've always kept the mentality of being targeted in several ways for "looking like the police".

And I've always got at least one peace keeper in my vehicle in a mounted holster, most times I am CCW on my person as well. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There just aren’t many tahoes in service here to really have people even notice me. Mostly fords used it seems.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always kept this in the back of my head, actually. It's a concern for all of uniformed patrol at all times, in their marked vehicles or their POV. But along with the 'humor' of people slowing down around us, I've always kept the mentality of being targeted in several ways for "looking like the police".

And I've always got at least one peace keeper in my vehicle in a mounted holster, most times I am CCW on my person as well. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Same here. We try to be aware of our surroundings, and usually carry when we're out. I installed a holster on the left side of the console for my wife's CCW, but I usually carry mine.

And my wife usually has a 'Coroner' sweatshirt hanging in the driver's side back window. :D

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle mounted holsters are you guys using in your PPVs?

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thin_blue_line-sm.jpg
Well I just read a lengthy report handed to me Friday. This goes out to all owners of PPV and SSV vehicles. Be aware of what's around you at all times. Terrorists and gang members that are looking to move up their ranks by hurting police and federal employees may be targeting the said vehicles they drive in hope they are the people driving them. Just something to be thinking about. I would hope the same persons or people who drive these vehicles are 2nd amendment enthusiasts.
Terrible that anyone, LE, or otherwise have to consider this garbage. :mad:

Last edited:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of vehicle mounted holsters are you guys using in your PPVs?

American Leathersmith, formerly-known as Texas Custom Holsters:

https://americanleathersmith.com/

Their kit includes a mounting bracket and a form-fit holster for your weapon. I added thumb screws to hold the holster to the mount, which makes it easy to replace the holster should we change our carry weapon, which I've already done for my weapon. Used to carry a M&P Shield, now carry a H&K P30 SKS.

See post #13536 in this thread:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...nnbs-gmt900-tahoe-yukon-today.44151/page-1354

I have the holster in our Caprice mounted on the driver's B-pilar (yes, I'm a lefty), and on the left side of the console of the Tahoe for my wife's carry weapon.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
American Leathersmith, formerly-known as Texas Custom Holsters:

https://americanleathersmith.com/

Their kit includes a mounting bracket and a form-fit holster for your weapon. I added thumb screws to hold the holster to the mount, which makes it easy to replace the holster should we change our carry weapon, which I've already done for my weapon. Used to carry a M&P Shield, now carry a H&K P30 SKS.

See post #13536 in this thread:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...nnbs-gmt900-tahoe-yukon-today.44151/page-1354

I have the holster in our Caprice mounted on the driver's B-pilar (yes, I'm a lefty), and on the left side of the console of the Tahoe for my wife's carry weapon.

Nice, I really like that design and how it mounts.
Great idea with the thumb screws too.

Is your Caprice a PPV as well?

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63