Vette Servo before BB Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am signed up for the Washington BB Tune Meet in a little over a week. In a scramble to get my Yukon all prepared, I have installed a K&N drop-in filter, drilled out some holes in the airbox, cleaned the TB, and ran Seafoam thru all the systems.

The only thing I haven't done yet is the Vette Servo. Is it benificial to have this done before I get the tune?

I was also looking at doing the Billet Super Servo (4th gear) when I do the Vette Servo. Any opinions?

-Britain

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did on mine, Justin then tuned it with it already installed. Now if it MUST before he tunes it, I can't answer.

Get ready, you'll LOVE the change!

OP
OP
B

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, spent quite a lot of time reading about the Vette Servo and the Billet Super 4th Servo and went ahead and ordered it from Oregon Performance Transmission. I should get it by the end of this week or beginning of next since I live in Oregon and then install it before the meet next weekend. Man...this truck is going to be a whole new animal.

-Britain

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it will be, no doubt!! Might even want to think about picking up some MAF spray (has to be made for MAF's) and clean out your MAF if you haven't done so yet!! Just be careful with it, don't touch the little wires at all, just spray it all out real good and let it air dry, NO COMPRESSED AIR at all!!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
0905gmhtp_04_z+crc+mass_air_flow_sensor_cleaner.jpg

OP
OP
B

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I did that while I had the whole intake out. I actually used electronics cleaner as it is the same stuff. I did this on my IS300 a while back.

I tell you, just with the mods I have done already it drives a whole lot better...especially while towing. It even has a little grunt to it.

-Britain

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, didn't see that on your list so didn't know you already did it!! And yes blueflamed03, that's the stuff I was talking about!!

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am signed up for the Washington BB Tune Meet in a little over a week. In a scramble to get my Yukon all prepared, I have installed a K&N drop-in filter, drilled out some holes in the airbox, cleaned the TB, and ran Seafoam thru all the systems.

The only thing I haven't done yet is the Vette Servo. Is it benificial to have this done before I get the tune?

I was also looking at doing the Billet Super Servo (4th gear) when I do the Vette Servo. Any opinions?

-Britain

How many holes did you drill and what did you use?

OP
OP
B

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only drilled 3 1.5" holes using a hole saw. I cut them on the angled part at the bottom.

-Britain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004