USB ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pablo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just hot my new 15 Denali XL. I am having a problem with intellilink.

1. When I plug in my galaxy s4 or iPhone 5 to the USB port in the center console (next to SD card) the phones will charge but the car will not connect to the phone. When I hit Media, it asks to pair a phone.

2. Pandora always complains about no internet connection. I have paired both phones and turned on wifi hotspot and USB tethering on both phones. It will never connect to the phone

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) If I recall correctly, most of the USB ports in the car are charge only. The one behind the screen with the white plug is data-enabled. Try plugging it into that one and see if it works.

2) Pandora needs you to also run the Pandora App on the phone while trying to stream through the H/U. Download the app, pull it up and plug the phone into the white USB port mentioned above.

Does this help?

powderbrake

Reaction score
Whenever I hit Media, it would play my songs on my iphone, which is great , but will use the iphone battery. I downloaded the iphone music from my home computer backup, and loaded them on a memory stick. I placed the memory stick in the USB port behind the screen. Now when I hit memory it will play the USB stick, and not use the iphone battery. If I hit Media again, it will switch to the iphone.

I like this arrangement better, as on a long trip it will not use my iphone battery.

I really like the Chevrolet Mylink radio. I particularly like the stations on the bar across the bottom, which identify the station and you can mix AM, FM, and Satellite. I had a 2007 Tahoe with a similar set up on the Favorites bars, but my 2010 Corvette radio is no where near as nice as the Tahoe. The vette radio requires you to switch to AM or FM or Satellite to select a station.

I have the 2015 Tahoe in for an oil change and the recall updates, and they gave me a new Cadillac ATS to drive. It has the My link radio, but it is a little different from the Tahoe, and not quite as nice.

Chevey Tahoe radios rule!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand of thumb drive did you load the music onto I've got one of those SanDisk things that didn't work the other day when I tried it. I wonder if it's because the drive has that strange U3 software on it...

Reaction score
I have two thumb drives plugged in inside the center console and play music off them no problem. I do know the drive has to be specific format but not sure what it is off the top of my head(it's in the manual). The music also has to be in a specific format. as fo your phone through bluetooth...you may need to change a setting under your bluetooth setting on the phone, my android calls it "media audio" it must be selected to play any media from your phone through bluetooth to the car.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I haven't been able to get a USB thumb drive to work but I was able to get my old 40gb iPod to work in the USB port behind the screen. It can live there as far as I'm concerned. I was also able to get an SD card to work in the slot in the center console. It's formatted at FAT32. I'm copying over the rest of my songs to it now and we'll see what's what.

powderbrake

Reaction score
What brand of thumb drive did you load the music onto I've got one of those SanDisk things that didn't work the other day when I tried it. I wonder if it's because the drive has that strange U3 software on it...

It was a Lexar brand, I got on sale at Office Max

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to see if putting them on the SD card I have works. I'll report later.

How did it turn out?
What type of SD card are you using? SDHC? SDXS? or just a standard SD?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmedsz