URGENT: New 2022 Yukon XL Denali Engine Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of parts are on back order, but they should be suppling you with transportation until parts come in.The fuel injector is not a big of a deal as it would have been lifter or cam. But still doesn't make new vehicle purchase exciting.

OP
OP
S

Srf471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They said they had no loaners available right now and I’m not convinced it’s just a fuel injector. They said they would call me back tomorrow with an update. I will keep all posted. Thank you all again.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I’d also be surprised if it is just an injector...

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should rent you a vehicle from Enterprise and GM/The dealership should cover it. No questions asked. If they are not willing to do this, they are a LOUSY dealer. That's the least they could do for a customer of a brand-new vehicle. I wouldn't be afraid to get the GM of the dealership involved.

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2022 SLT with about 7500 miles just got towed today. Alarms saying "SERVICE ESC", "SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL" AND "FORWARD COLLISION SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE". Truck idling rough and hear a clicking on bottom sounds like a gear engaging or something. 4th time is the shop! First few was for overheating transmission due to a twisted line. VERY FRSRTRATED! DON'T KNOW WHO TO COMPLAIN TO.

ended up bad lifter on cylinder #8

Last edited:

01dailey

Reaction score
Dealer just called me and said it has one bad fuel injector and that they are on back order and not available. Could this be true? Does this sound right?
I would demand the vehicle be replaced or they give you a complete refund. This is absolutely unacceptable.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May not be a lifter issue after all.

Taking a shot in the dark here but GM changed to a new oil specification Dexos 1 Gen 3.

the Gen 3 specifically adds more protection for pre-ignition turnover. since lot of wear happens at cranking maybe they are trying to mitigate the “lifter issue”.

Although it’s a reported issue for sure they build like what 1300 of these units a day ?

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May not be a lifter issue after all.

Taking a shot in the dark here but GM changed to a new oil specification Dexos 1 Gen 3.

the Gen 3 specifically adds more protection for pre-ignition turnover. since lot of wear happens at cranking maybe they are trying to mitigate the “lifter issue”.

Although it’s a reported issue for sure they build like what 1300 of these units a day ?
Did you get TSB on this or read that about the new oil?

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read about the changes Gen 2 vs Gen 3 -

Gen 3 Probably will be the factory/shop refill going forward.

The way I read it the Gen 3 performs slightly less in certain other areas.

Sorry- Don’t wan’t to hijack the thread, as Oil can fill the entire forum. Hope the OP has an update

Last edited:

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They should rent you a vehicle from Enterprise and GM/The dealership should cover it. No questions asked. If they are not willing to do this, they are a LOUSY dealer. That's the least they could do for a customer of a brand-new vehicle. I wouldn't be afraid to get the GM of the dealership involved.
If you did not buy the vehicle from this particular dealership, would you feel that we should have the same right in demanding things? I'm in the same situation where my brand-new Yukon with less than 8K miles on it has and is the shop for the 6th time. The dealership I bought it from is 100 miles away from me and I feel weird complaining a lot to my local dealership

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt