URGENT FEEDBACK NEEDED - Extremely Stiff Ride (vibration) on 2017 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@GM Customer Service , yall care to weigh in?
ARE YOU FOR REAL? NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? I HAVE READ COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE IN A NUMBER OF PLACES AND THE PROBLEM HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED. IF GM IS REALLY INTERESTED IN FIXING IT AND THEIR REPUTATION THEY CAN EASILY GET ALL THE INFO NEEDED FROM THE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM wont do squat unless the government tells them to.

Still holding out hope for my cracked dash and door pillars that look like crap on my 75k + 2010 Escalade. The Magnaride issue has been going on longer than that.

Hate to be the guy to burst your bubble but I wouldn't hold out any hope on them taking care of us.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARE YOU FOR REAL? NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? I HAVE READ COMMENTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE IN A NUMBER OF PLACES AND THE PROBLEM HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED. IF GM IS REALLY INTERESTED IN FIXING IT AND THEIR REPUTATION THEY CAN EASILY GET ALL THE INFO NEEDED FROM THE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

did u mean to quote someone else?
where did u get that i have not heard of this issue?
& what is w/ ALL CAPS? might i suggest trying decaff ;) lol

my post was in jest, as typically the GM cust serv... seems more like a chat bot.
but i wanted to bring yet another thread to their attention ;)

Tiger country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone - have scoured the forum and have seen a number of posts that seem to be about an issue similar to mine, but at this point not sure so starting my own thread for feedback.

I have a 2017 Denali XL. Bought it in December 2016. Loved everything about it for first 6,000 miles then things started going south. Everything has been fixed by the dealership except for one thing, which is the absolute most annoying. So for the first 6,000 miles it drove flawlessly - in fact I would always tell my friends/family that for a truck this size it was amazing how it felt like it just floated on the highway - such a smooth ride. Then the ride began getting rough. When I say rough I mean we begun to feel every little bump in the road, even on newly paved perfectly smooth highway I can feel even the slightest road imperfection. Comparatively, I have a Mercedes AMG C63S - and it drives smoother on the highway in Sports+ mode than my Yukon! Obviously there is something wrong with my truck!

That said, I took it into dealership. They rotated and balanced the tires and sent me on my way. Made the mistake of not taking it for a test drive before leaving. The rotate and balance made the condition worse. So brought it back in and they road force balanced it. Seemed to make the vibration a little less for first week or so and then it came back (in fact the improvement may have just been in my head). So brought it back yet again this past week. The Lead service technician drove with me this time and said he could feel it immediately. He said the vibration was caused by the magnetic ride control suspension and there was likely nothing they could do about it, but would speak to a GM engineer to assess any potential fixes. I asked why it drove so well the first 6,000 miles and all he could say is that the magnetic ride control suspensions seem to firm up over time and this is typical on trucks with this option. Had I known this was "typical" I would have NEVER bought a truck with this option. And what infuriates me is that it drove perfectly as I said for the first 6,000 or so miles.

Anyway, the GM engineer has no fix so I am picking it up tomorrow with the same damn issue! This is an $80K truck that obviously LACKS a drive/suspension mode option to change it from comfort to sport - and it seems to have a default suspension setting of SUPER sport. And I now have no option but to just grin and bear it until I get so fed up that I sell it. I am beyond frustrated and just can't imagine that there is absolutely nothing that can be done to correct this situation. I also know that I can't possibly be the only one out there with this problem so I am hoping that there are forum members that have experienced what I am going through and their service department found an answer.

Please let me know your thoughts - and many thanks in advance for any support/guidance that you can provide!

Jeremy
You are definitely not the only one with the stiff ride issue. I'm on here looking for the same answers. My wife's 2016 denali rides good on smooth roads but you feel everything on the road if it's not on a smooth one. $75,000 and my chevy rst with a lift rides better. I've talked to the dealership and they act like I'm the only one they've ever heard about. I've thought about taking the 22" off and going to 20" to have more sidewall flex. Would greatly appreciate some help.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start by demanding that the MRC software be reloaded (watch them actually do it). Then I'd also look at the load leveling system to ensure that it's not incorrectly sensing a heavy load (sensor issue perhaps). I've heard of the load leveling system causing issues as described in the past.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You most likely have a seized shock. I had one that was seized and would move an inch or two. Couple that with the air leveling shocks on the max trailering pkge. It felt like I was riding on a rock. The test is to go corner to corner. Push down on each corner and feel the difference. Car off btw. One corner will barely move.

Mando6point2

Reaction score
on older one when the electronic struts go thats how they act, super stiff, they have had issues with them after hanging on a lift for any length of time
Yeah once they fully extend from jacking up the truck or put it on a lift they will lock up, mine did it after i jacked it up for an oil change and it rode like a horse and buggy. New Arnott air shocks and its back riding like new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts