Upgrading 2015 featureless side mirrors to Denali mirrors ( I have an issue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoGeTteR310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 GMC Yukon with featureless side mirrors. I recently upgraded my side mirrors to Yukon Denali side mirrors that come with the turn signal and the blind zone alert. After install, only the turn signals work and not the blind zone alert. Do you guys know the reason why that is and what I can do or buy to fix this problem? Thanks

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought a different set of sensors were also required in order to have the blind zone functionality?

sam123

Reaction score
If yours didn't come with BSD from the factory, you cannot add it. It requires extra sensors in the rear left and right sides of the bumper.

OP
OP
GoGeTteR310

GoGeTteR310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If yours didn't come with BSD from the factory, you cannot add it. It requires extra sensors in the rear left and right sides of the bumper.

The sensors are on the bottom of the new mirrors. Are there other sensors involved?

lilmac

Reaction score
Sensors are in rear bumper I believe. That's how cross traffic alert works as well. Need the main control module as well. There is an aftermarket option that uses radar, same as factory. Could potentially wire to work with mirrors.

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet the sensors that are in the mirrors are only half of the equation, you'll need the other sensors, any missing wiring and to reprogram the truck to see that they're there and use them.

lilmac

Reaction score
The company I was talking about is called Brandmotion . They make a radar version(same as OEM), so it would mount inside your rear bumper with vehicle specific brackets as apposed to the ones where you drill(sonar) your bumper. I bet instead of wiring to the provided indicator lights(Brandmotion), you could wire it to the blind spot wires from the mirrors. This is what I was looking into. There was another thread where another did what you have done with only power fold and turn signals working. This aftermarket unit or similar may be the key to get the BSM indicators in the mirrors working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts