Tune recommendations for 02 Tahoe with 04 motor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CreepinDeth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2002 2 months ago, motor shit the bed @ 129K with a oil pump failure.
Got it swapped under warrranty for a 2004 5.3L with 110K but I can't really confirm if the ECM was swapped.

My question is, what improvements can be made for power & efficiency that are CONFIRMED.
I know everyone sells products to give you all kinds of claims, but I am looking for people whom
are users that have hand calculated real numbers.

Here's the truck , stupid clean, I couldn't pass it up for $5K , wife's Chicago area winter vehicle.
5FJmtFql.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s plenty of us here with a custom tune from BlackBear Performance that swear by it. Not just better hp and torque but better shifting and just incredible overall driving improvement. You won’t be disappointed. There’s a few different ways to accomplish it; if you’re lucky enough to be able to attend a tune event you can get the in person tune. I bought their autocal and can load tunes via email for both my trucks. The tunes are lifetime and anytime you want or need a change they will upgrade it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum