Tune adjustment after mods, lower mpg...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campi3ell

Reaction score
Since getting my tune a few years ago I have added a Spectre Air Intake and Corsa Sport exhaust (I love the way she sings now) and I've noticed that my gas mpg have decreased a little. I'm hovering around 15.5 when I was getting 17.3 (ish) with combined city and highway driving.

Do these modifications require an adjustment of my existing tune?
Could the mods also be affecting the lower mpg?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Campi3ell

Campi3ell

Reaction score
Do you have an AutoCal?

No, I don't have an AutoCal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't I borrow one of yours/ Blackboard's for scanning purposes?

Perhaps you are driving more aggressively to hear the exhaust. It happens. No shame

I have a long history of driving like a hooligan, haha. Always been semi-aggressive, but you have to be in Atlanta traffic. I give her a little juice going under bridges and past picket fences, other than that no additional aggressiveness on my part.

I've cleaned air filter, keep tires around 38~40 and most of driving is on streets, but long stretches between lights and cruising about 45~50

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are talking about the scan cable. You can rent that for logging, and pay the upgrade, if you only have traditional. The guys will get you taken care of, shoot an email to [email protected].

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need a retune for that increased air flow. I had my tune done with those mods already in place. I get get 16-17 in the city and 20 on the highway(and I have a 6.0)

OP
OP
Campi3ell

Campi3ell

Reaction score
Need a retune for that increased air flow. I had my tune done with those mods already in place. I get get 16-17 in the city and 20 on the highway(and I have a 6.0)

That's why the drop in mpg was noticeable to me, I was getting your numbers with tune, but pre mods. My buddy was upset that my Yukon was getting better gas mileage than his Honda Pilot :jester:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekrcannon