Tow package / Max tow package ________ Brake controller????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redmanf1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My question is for my 23 suburban high country. It has the tow package but Not the Max tow package. I am wanting to know if you can add the factory style brake controller? If so is it a simple plug & play type of install.
At this point would I be better off with one that you control with your cell phone? If so what unit is best?
Thank you in advance for any help.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If memory serves, yes, you can simply plug one in on this generation. Don't take my word as gospel though, search here and over at GM-Trucks to make certain.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 21+ you can't plug in the factory controller after the fact; there is a 3rd party option which looks similar but isn't the same.

Link here:

You can go with this type of a solution:

which removes the need for a wired in controller within the vehicle.

crankin

Reaction score
I went through this with the 2022 Yukon I bought. You cant use a factory brake controller. I had to buy an after market brake controller. Curt Spectrum is the one i bought and had the dealer install it. A friend of mine has a Curt that is bluetooth via the phone. Some like it but I wouldn't use it in my opinion.

301Bobbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '21 Tahoe LT has Advanced tow package (ZLG) that has an integrated electric brake controller. Works quite well on our 25' Apex Nano camper. If ordering, get the Max Tow package bc the ZLG has no way to take out the 2+" of rear sag when you put 650+ on the hitch ball. My WDH only takes it up an inch. I'm going to try to add Bilstein 24-317474 B8 5100 whenever they come off factory BO next month. The Max package is supposed to have some kind of leveler in this independent rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh