Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, you need to move to another state. LOL.

The service manger at this dealer was the first one to admit he has seen this issue before. The previous dealer acted like I was crazy even after I gave him the TSB

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the second Dealer will take care of it if he is acknowledging the problem and not blow you off like the first Dealer. You will just have to wait several more weeks.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a tech drive customer's truck on Monday and got the torque converter ordered that day. Customer was burning gas and leaving on Wednesday.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a tech drive customer's truck on Monday and got the torque converter ordered that day. Customer was burning gas and leaving on Wednesday.

Does this solve the buffering issue?

Irma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2017 Yukon XLT in June. I started hearing a fluttering noise when I accelerate. The vehicle is presently in service, because after taking it in for it's first oil change, I started hearing a noise under the steering column. The noise is a metal to metal sound as the car vibrates over uneven surfaces.
Anyone have any idea what it can be?
It's been at the dealership for 5 days and they can't seem to find the cause.
I am calling them tomorrow to tell them about the torque converter.
Very disappointed:(

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tennessee

in your opinion, how does this fix the buffering issue?

I need this to be the method they follow, since the torque converter is part of the transmission warranty and still covered

the TSB( PIT5318A)

lists following checks:

Note: In some cases, correcting the roof bows may not eliminate the body pressure booming issue due to the fact that the roof is being excited by some other input(s).

These other areas will need to be addressed if the body pressure booming is still present at the completion of this. Examples of inputs that can excite the roof may be:

• Tires with excessive road force (Reference “condition 1” in the latest version of PI1354)
  • Exhaust back pressure valve issues (Reference the latest version of PIT5404)
  • Rear axle related issues such as pitchline runout (Reference “Other Sources of Vibrations” Step 3 in the latest version of “PI1354“)

Last edited:

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my 16 Denali to my dealer on a Tuesday morning in Nov for vibrations, by Wednesday morning they confirmed torque converter needed replacement, by Wed evening I was picking it up. No issues since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62