Tint ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waynehead99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want the front windows lighter than the rear. When you make the front so dark… you can barely see anything in your mirrors. It’s much more important that you’re able to see than what it looks like…
Personally never had a problem with this. Have done this setup with all my vehicles. Though I will say at night in pitch dark areas if I have to back up anywhere, I just roll down the windows to be 100 percent that nothing is in the way. The windshield tint actually helps me with the oncoming lights. As the newer cars get brighter lights, the tint helps not get blinded so easily.

It looks a lot different looking out from inside vs looking in.

I would like to do this but in NY you can only have 70% on the two fronts
its 20% here in Colorado, but I have yet to know anyone that got a ticket for it that wasn't doing something else more dumb.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The place I went to used tint brand called “solar guard galaxy”. I only did the 2 fronts and it matched the rears great on my 15.. idk if the windows look different on the newer truck… I don’t even know what % they put on. I just told them to match it

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly, but I don’t think there is an exact match. I think 20% is too dark. I got xpel as well, and you really don’t notice after awhile. I’m just happy to protect the interior.
Times two, it's not that far off, stay legal.

Attachments

• 99 tahoe.jpg
    99 tahoe.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 7