time for new shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got the part #s for bilsteins for an '01 denali...I wanna scrap the autoride and I gotta admit I don't know the first thing about suspensions. Good places to buy?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Front Bilstein HD shocks f4-be5-6500-h0

Rear Bilstein HD shocks f4-be5-6501-h0

and I'd just search around. I got the best deal on eBay for the rears and my local Autozone price matched an online company who was having a special

remist17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
quick question on the out ride.... when you put the new shocks on that are not air shocks do you need to do anything with the computer? will you get check engine light or a code?

OP
OP
Repo503

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll get the "service ride control" light on the dash. You have to wire in some resistors to get rid of it...although I hear someone makes a deal that just plugs in. I'm sure resistors are cheaper anyway.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quick question on the out ride.... when you put the new shocks on that are not air shocks do you need to do anything with the computer? will you get check engine light or a code?

You need to pull your RTD fuse...

Pull negative from battery, wait 10 minutes, pull RTD fuse under the hood in the panel next to the battery, put battery back on...

That's how I did mine and no problems... Bliz did his the same way as well...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4547

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatcha doing with your old autoride components, I might be interested in them and I live in Sandy??

OP
OP
Repo503

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine I'm just gonna throw them out. If they worked I wouldn't be replacing them. I drive through Sandy all the time though going up 26.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz