Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Satin

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Flat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started working on the new grille for my 04 Denali today. The grille insert is gloss black stainless mesh. I'm also going to be removing the tow hooks and lower grille and changing that one out too. It's just a mockup now but the ring around the grille will also be black and the wings around the day time running lights will be painted to match the truck. Getting the chrome off everything SUCKED. There's a quick rendering of what the truck will eventually look like. The GMC letters are also going to be black with the outline in burnt copper to match the other stuff I've already done on the truck (intake, engine cover, shocks, brake calipers, panhard bar, etc. The only thing I can't decide is should I do the black in flat, gloss or satin. When I get the new rims they'll be the same as however I decide to do the grille. Any thoughts?IMG_20181215_222222697.jpg truck6.jpg

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Nathan, but I'm not a fan of this blackout fad anyway, on cars or bikes.

To me, it'd help to at least use some gray to break up all the black, so there'd still be some contrast and personality. In my opinion, blackout looks like black blob, and guys have to use their memory or imagination to fill in detail they can't actually se any more.

joe

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't be completely backed out. The GMC logo will be very visible in the middle of it. Or it will just look like the GMC is floating. I may also do some back lighting of either the whole grill or just the GMC

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need to see more pics, different angles of the front with the side, and from higher. Based off just that picture, I'd say match the cooler at the bottom.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agree with others... too much contrast on white truck.. you'd be better off color matching the whole grill white, but keep the black mesh. you can get creative with the logo and make it white or two-tone (black/ white) .. just mho

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rendering of the whole grille painted white looks like crap. It's too much white even for me and most of my cars have been white. I may just paint everything with cheap spray paint just to see for sure how it looks.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the surround and logo in white -- to match the paint of the truck. Do the grille in the same type of paint as the truck, but black; that is to say, the reflectiveness of the black paint on the grille should be the same as the white on the rest of the truck.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d have the outside chrome and the insert gun metal gray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10