Thinking of a newer SUV...a little help please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjeffp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Pathfinder now that I have had good luck with. It's got 125K miles on it. I have always been liking the Tahoes, but don't know that much about them.
I would want to keep the cost under 25K out the dealer's door. Are the Tahoe, Escalade and Yukon basically the same vehicles as far as performance?
I've been looking on Carguru, etc at 2014 models...I would want at least a 2014- no older than that.
I put about 10K miles a year on my vehicle- no towing, other than deer on back rack.
I want a SUV that I can put easily 200K miles on it.
Am I barking up the wrong tree, or could you expect to pay about that for a 2014 in decent shape?
I live in the Poughkeepsie, NY area.

Thanks for any advice or comments,
Jeff

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Pathfinder now that I have had good luck with. It's got 125K miles on it. I have always been liking the Tahoes, but don't know that much about them.
I would want to keep the cost under 25K out the dealer's door. Are the Tahoe, Escalade and Yukon basically the same vehicles as far as performance?
I've been looking on Carguru, etc at 2014 models...I would want at least a 2014- no older than that.
I put about 10K miles a year on my vehicle- no towing, other than deer on back rack.
Am I barking up the wrong tree, or could you expect to pay about that for a 2014 in decent shape?

Jeff

I agree with Phil. Back up your years a little. The 2014 was the last year of that body style, so comparing that to 2015+ is comparing 2 different vehicles.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say 2012‐14 for gmt900 if you want the nav. You want at least 2011 for afm fix/6 speed. In 2012 they updated the head unit so it didnt need disks, and it has a hard drive to store your mp3/wav music files.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are still looking I'm going to be putting our 2012 Escalade Premium up for sale. Super, super clean with 65K on the clock and a bunch of extras with it. PM and I can send you more info, if you want.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree w/ above but in my own search did 2012-2014. There are a lot fewer 2014's for sale, they are a harder find. As Phil said I would not look at anything above SC personally. I am over the moon with my recent purchase a 2013 LTZ suburban Florida 1 owner w/ service records. Paid 19K .Car is like new underneath to the top. Northern trucks are a disaster underneath which makes maintenance terrible.
Yes this LS platform truck will do 300K with proper maintenance if it was a clean taken care of vehicle from new.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern ones rarely have 4x4, if that matters to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iras1976

Reaction score

Jeff
For 25k you can get a 2016 to 2017 tahoe with about 50k on the the dash . These cars are a pleasure to drive when everything is working properly, but those year models that are in your price range have a few serious issues, the most serious being lifter/valve/camshaft issues at just above 100k . Myself and 2 other friends who have 15 and 16 models are victims.
I was actually thinking of switching to an armada , but nissan seems to not have solved a long ongoing problem with transmissions . How has that tranny been over the course of 125k?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts