The early years.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know, thats why i'm asking. haha. i read it somewhere.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorta, mine has been pampered, has some slight piston slap, and had to have a new tranny, just clocked 80K...

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
sorta, mine has been pampered, has some slight piston slap, and had to have a new tranny, just clocked 80K...
Damn sorry to hear about that. What did GM say about that? The tranny shouldn't be going out that early, mine was no wear near pampered and it ran strong when i sold it.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
common, it's said but true. intake gaskets, trannys going, piston slap. i'm still getting one......hahaha.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
common, it's said but true. intake gaskets, trannys going, piston slap. i'm still getting one......hahaha.
Yup the Intake gaskets and Piston slap is true(I'm surprised mine didn't have it.)But trannys going before 100k aren't very common. These year of Hoe/Kon are also prone to steering problems, and mushy brakes the ones in my '02 were terrible, but overall these trucks dont have many major problems just a few little annoyances.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought the mushy brakes was just the pre 2000.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Nope my '02 the brakes sucked. Both my NNBS the brakes are WAY better. In 04 they upgraded the brakes some i believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts