Thankful for the iPhone Key Fob - Easy to Lock Keys in Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is surprisingly easy to lock the keys into these trucks. I've done it 3 times now, exact same way each time:

• I arrive home at the airport after a business trip, tired and with my mind fully occupied. My keys are in my briefcase.
  • I get to the truck and open the rear hatch. It opens because I have the key, but all of the doors remain locked.
  • I put my suitcase inside, and absent-mindedly I also put my briefcase in, which contains the key.
  • I shut the hatch door, and the truck does the little 3-honk note to tell me the key is inside. Inside the fully locked truck.

Since I have the app on my phone, I can unlock the doors and I'm fine. Otherwise, I'm screwed and I live 40 miles away from the airport in Denver.

I guess maybe I could call OnStar and ask them to unlock the doors. But it seems like the truck knows that the key is in the car and it knows the doors are locked - it should not allow the rear hatch to close. That actually is the way my last car worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daily Bread