Tesla Cybertruck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil and gas have existed forever and still get subsidies
Whaaa?

Wow, didn’t realize we were still subsidizing O&G.. though, looking for an unbiased source is rather difficult. Most of what I’ve read so far is pretty old, and extremely biased -all the new information I’ve found is very biased... so I wonder what the current status is on this. Either way, we should be many decades beyond any subsidies for the industry. Though when it comes to tax breaks in certain situations, I don’t 100% disagree. I don’t consider a tax break to be a subsidy myself. The industry is completely vilified by all the green folks, and we need a bit more fairness all around.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whaaa?

Wow, didn’t realize we were still subsidizing O&G.. though, looking for an unbiased source is rather difficult. Most of what I’ve read so far is pretty old, and extremely biased -all the new information I’ve found is very biased... so I wonder what the current status is on this. Either way, we should be many decades beyond any subsidies for the industry. Though when it comes to tax breaks in certain situations, I don’t 100% disagree. I don’t consider a tax break to be a subsidy myself. The industry is completely vilified by all the green folks, and we need a bit more fairness all around.

It is an evil to divide people and elevate one group above the other at the expense of all.

Children of the children not yet born will have to pay for the things we allow our government to spend money on today. One such waste of our wealth are the grants given to small gas stations to sell bio fuels like E85, E15, etc. These stations see a fraction of the business that their competitors do and some have already failed in my county.

It is sad to see so many look to government to solve man's problems. Government is the problem. Take less of the citizens wealth and remove most of these onerous regulations and watch innovation take off. My great-grandparents lived to see the change from horseback and carriages to automobiles, from the telegraph to the telephone and even candles to electricity and so much more. Though we've seen leaps, we haven't seen them like that in my lifetime thus far.

A hundred years have passed and battery technology is still not mature enough for an electric pick up truck to compete with a conventional one. For long haul trucks, a diesel electric or turbine electric powertrain with traction motors at each wheel, including the trailer, would provide a breakthrough in efficiency and safety and tractive effort.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sun is free, just need our tech to catch up to that free source of power.

Tesla Cybertruck will have the option of solar panels that will add 15 miles of range/day with it just sitting there parked! Not a bad start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know Solar panels are just light emitting Diodes... they just do the reverse process , instead of making light, they turn light back into energy..

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah.. I see you're in California too.. interesting.

I'm from the Midwest.. you know "flyover country" where they have set up wind farms in masses to power the masses on the coasts. I can vouch personally for the claim that they kill birds. Walk under one someday.. you'll see what I mean.

I'm in the South and they have no concept of the argument either because they don't have them around here.

Edit.. added resource: https://www.audubon.org/news/will-wind-turbines-ever-be-safe-birds

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The best and ONLY

clean energy is just right below your feet..(not oil obviously )

Unlimited Power Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Creates Zero Waste Product. 100% clean energy No hidden carbon emissions ..

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know Solar panels are just light emitting Diodes... they just do the reverse process , instead of making light, they turn light back into energy..

You know they improve how much (density) of that light gets captured into energy every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the old days, you would go to a Pharmacy, have a seat & order a soda.... Coca Cola.... Ingredient?
*******. Later, ******* was re-categorized as a controlled substance to make it illegal to purchase publicly. ( a good thing )

"Global Warming" needed a "fall guy" to blame.... They figured CO2 was a predominant ingredient.
CO2 was re-categorized as a pollutant, to further their " global money redistribution scam".
( a bad thing)
CO2 is what plants live on as a food, and we eat plants for food........

Cybertruck....... What would it be used for ? A toy? ( keeping the subject about original posting) :rolleyes:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best and ONLY

Except for the manufacturing process of the device...... Global Warming alarmists will not allow you to use current materials to build it.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best and ONLY

You talking water power?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali