Tahoe towed by RV.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a used, low mile 2012 Tahoe for sale near me. Looks like it was towed behind a RV for at least a portion of its' life. Any pros/cons to be aware of with a vehicle that has been towed?

Greg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, make sure the frame hasn't been tweaked and that the transfer case will run through all of its ranges and back. It is normal for a clunk to be heard and felt when shifting into 4LO or Neutral.

If not familiar, print the pages off the owner's manual and take it with you. If you don't follow the steps correctly the transfer case won't complete the shift.

Can't think of anything else related to RV towing but if you bump this around breakfast time, more will chime in as fellas start drinking their morning coffee.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, make sure the frame hasn't been tweaked and that the transfer case will run through all of its ranges and back. It is normal for a clunk to be heard and felt when shifting into 4LO or Neutral.

If not familiar, print the pages off the owner's manual and take it with you. If you don't follow the steps correctly the transfer case won't complete the shift.

Can't think of anything else related to RV towing but if you bump this around breakfast time, more will chime in as fellas start drinking their morning coffee.
I do know it has the 2 speed transfer case with neutral for towing. Guessing they remove the tow hooks to attach the tow bar. I couldn't really think of any issues. Engine should have low hours..... LOL!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know it has the 2 speed transfer case with neutral for towing. Guessing they remove the tow hooks to attach the tow bar. I couldn't really think of any issues. Engine should have low hours..... LOL!
Should be a nice car and well cared for.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Grab it. My folks sold their H2 used as a tow vehicle. They’re essentially garaged while moving so all the problems associated with a static, stored vehicle never occur.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the parking brake as well, you never know if it was accidentally left on and caused issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts