SWC not working after Tow/Haul fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDopirak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello this is my first post, I recently purchased an 09 Yukon SLT with 106k for 10k and i have been working through some minor issues here is one i cant seem to find an answer too.

The Cruise control and the Audio steering controls are both not working at all. I recently did two things to the truck and im not sure during these fixes when the SWC stop working. First is i disconnected the battery and checked my front impact sensors for corrosion as i have codes for both. I reassembled everything and light is still on but that's a issues for another day. Second the tow haul was not working so i took the lower dash off and the top cover over the steering column and found the wire was broken which from what i read is common. So i took the snifter off and soldered everything back together and reinstalled everything. Today i was driving to work and noticed my steering wheel controls no longer work. Ive seen post stating the brake switch can cause the cruise control to not work but nothing really about the audio and Bluetooth controls.

I also had to go into the "secret" settings on my radio to get my clock to work again it was just showing this symbol : . I had to put in a code to get to this menu.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see the first post. The clock spring got the cruise and phone controls working again right? Did the new shifter get the Tow/Haul going again too?
the tow haul wire breaks and that is what makes the tow haul not work, I just fixed my ex's burb little while back, the wire looked fine but right where is goes thru one of the black plastic clips to hold it in place it was broken as soon as I pulled on the clip the wire came out, all the wire does is create a ground to the bcm, if they would have put the button on the dash no one would ever have this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts