Super Cruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HLAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new '23 Yukon XL Denali and the Super Cruise goes for about 1/8 of a mile and then errors with "unable to see face clearly" Based on reading in other forums, the dealer replaced the module and it is very slightly better but does not work as intended. I have tried both the seat and steering wheel in multiple positions and the best result i get is when i lean forward into the steering column. So much for comfort.

Does anyone else have / had this issue and can point me in a direction to get it fully and properly repaired?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new '23 Yukon XL Denali and the Super Cruise goes for about 1/8 of a mile and then errors with "unable to see face clearly" Based on reading in other forums, the dealer replaced the module and it is very slightly better but does not work as intended. I have tried both the seat and steering wheel in multiple positions and the best result i get is when i lean forward into the steering column. So much for comfort.

Does anyone else have / had this issue and can point me in a direction to get it fully and properly repaired?
Dumb Question...does it work if a different person drives?

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera for it is on the top of the steering column.
I have had my Ultimate since February and this has not been a problem for me. It is sensitive if I am getting a drink or looking away but otherwise no complaints about this aspect. Mine likes to stay in the far right of the lane but I am used to it now and enjoying it.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had that issue with my SC, something is up with yours. I know it sounds simple but have you tried to clean the lens on the camera? If that doesn't work a trip to the dealer is needed.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is your column tilted? Up or down or straight at your face? That can have something to do with things also I would think. Also how far away from the wheel are you? If you ride with the seat reclined a bit it can throw off things also.

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Had the exact same issue since I got the truck in January. Finally fixed....TODAY! 6 months later.

I told them from day one that it was the interior camera above the steering wheel. They insisted on changing a whole bunch of other parts that didn't fix the problem. They finally decided to change the camera but it was not available for months. Well, it came in the other day and after changing the camera and associated module, it works perfectly.

7 weeks at the dealer. Countless wasted hours. GM has some serious problems.

I love the truck and I understand that things aren't always perfect, but to make me jump through all these hoops to fix this was unacceptable.

TELL THEM TO CHANGE THE CAMERA AND THE MODULE.

Good luck.

OP
OP
H

HLAP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Had the exact same issue since I got the truck in January. Finally fixed....TODAY! 6 months later.

I told them from day one that it was the interior camera above the steering wheel. They insisted on changing a whole bunch of other parts that didn't fix the problem. They finally decided to change the camera but it was not available for months. Well, it came in the other day and after changing the camera and associated module, it works perfectly.

7 weeks at the dealer. Countless wasted hours. GM has some serious problems.

I love the truck and I understand that things aren't always perfect, but to make me jump through all these hoops to fix this was unacceptable.

TELL THEM TO CHANGE THE CAMERA AND THE MODULE.

Good luck.
HUGE HELP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019