Stuck on Denali order for months, is an Escalade a realistic alternative?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had my denali order in for awhile now (73k ish spec with family pricing)... and there is basically no hope of getting it any time soon. Now with the change over to 23 orders I have been set on getting the supercruise option because i'm a nerd for stuff like that... but it puts my pricing well into the 80 range after all the options. So a similarly spec'd escalade comes in around 92-93 with a potential for less depreciation, more features, nicer interior? I've never bought anything new or nice before so I'm looking for any and all opinions on this.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be highly surprised that you could spec an Escalade for 92K with super cruise. When I was buying, I was also somewhat interested in an Escalade. When I put them together comparably with all options there wasn’t any way I could slice it that the Escalade wasn’t at least 20 to 30 K more. You have to get certain packages to get certain things with the Escalade, and it’s just overall A much more expensive vehicle. That being said if you can afford it, go for it. In the end I really could not justify an extra 20 to 30 K for ESSENTIALLY the same vehicle. Now I’m pretty well glad that I didn’t spend it. What I have does everything I want and more.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the same magnetic ride suspension being standard on the Yukon Ultimate and Escalade, I went with the Yukon. The caddy felt like a space ship to me, the heads up AR display was cool in the ESV that I drove, but I like the truck appearance on the Yukon more now. That being said, even though price isn't the same, I'd choose whichever one you can actually get over the unicorn that everyone here is chasing :)

OP
OP
D

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you're right, but its under 95k and I am not seeing any way to get the denali ultimate under 80k... and as everyone has said so far it seems you're spending that kind of money on just a few gimmicky features.

mplunk

Reaction score
They're built on the same assembly lines, and have a lot of the same constraints, so it isn't necessarily going to get to you any quicker.

I will say though as someone who has an Escalade with SuperCruise, the feature is fantastic.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right, but its under 95k and I am not seeing any way to get the denali ultimate under 80k... and as everyone has said so far it seems you're spending that kind of money on just a few gimmicky features.
Of course being a fan of black out, the only escalade I would look at it was a black out Escalade sport. That’s another thing that drives the dollars up. The luxury base model with all that chrome etc. just didn’t do it for me. When I spec’d a comparable Escalade the way I wanted it it ended up being about 105k. I paid 82k. Of course at that time, I got the Duramax and it was actually a credit on the sticker price. I don’t think it is any longer, as people are now recognizing it’s highly desirable.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
potential for less depreciation
Lowering the purchase price is the only way you can reduce depreciation

Basically, the denali and escalade are both hammered in the depreciation category with the escalade only slightly worse off, example: https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-suvs-with-the-highest-depreciation-after-5-years-of-ownership/ (the xl's in both are worse then the non xl's in both)

Certain options and features may help (super cruise / diesel / etc) but it'll depend on the winds of change at time of re-sale to know for sure which features will matter. For example, right now the diesel is desirable, but in a couple years when they are being re-sold will they still be? Or will the 2nd / 3rd buyers not like the $5k oil belt maintenance cost?

My wife has spent a lot of time in both the denali's and the escalade's, she went denali this time in the diesel mostly because she doesn't like the escalade controls.

slade45

Reaction score
Lockhart (they sell at MSRP) was advertising a 2022 4WD Premium Luxury Escalade ESV with 6.2L as available over the weekend. Idk if it has sold by now, but something to consider! It was on the lot. Assume someone backed out last minute.

Last edited:

Callen841

Reaction score
Lockhart (they sell at MSRP) was advertising a 2022 4WD Premium Luxury Escalade ESV with 6.2L as available over the weekend. Idk if it has sold by now, but something to consider! It was on the lot. Assume someone backed out last minute.
I noticed they sell at msrp if you order, but mark up for in stock units. Just fyi

OP
OP
D

DarkHorizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in my 23 order conversion... its 80,309 which is 7kish over my old msrp. Basically no way around spending 30-40k on depreciation in the next few years but luckily I wont be taking delivery of it any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu