Stopping tears in the seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At my house, I park on the left side edge of the cement driveway, to allow as much as possible for her to drive the Infiniti into the garage. So I have a farther distance to ground, to get out. I have been noticing the edge of the seat takes a beating. I am going to remember to use the lower step , below the door before 'sliding' out, mashing the seat edge. ( I am 6'2" )

So far, the seat is fine..... But I don't want to worry later.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
At my house, I park on the left side edge of the cement driveway, to allow as much as possible for her to drive the Infiniti into the garage. So I have a farther distance to ground, to get out. I have been noticing the edge of the seat takes a beating. I am going to remember to use the lower step , below the door before 'sliding' out, mashing the seat edge. ( I am 6'2" )

So far, the seat is fine..... But I don't want to worry later.
That's a great idea. That's what I do, but I'm not as tall as you.
Mines starting. Any way too stop it or is it just inevitable?

View attachment 228008
That side panel is vinyl, not leather. Other then what mountie said, there isn't much you can do. Maybe try putting a little fabruc glue inside of the tear, squeezing the excess out, and putting some tape on it till it dries.

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
I was never able to stop my older seats from continuing to tear once started until I purchased an upholstery needle and sewed them shut , overlapping on both sides 1/4 inch, with thin, waxed dental floss. Having done that, further ripping stopped.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea. That's what I do, but I'm not as tall as you.

That side panel is vinyl, not leather. Other then what mountie said, there isn't much you can do. Maybe try putting a little fabruc glue inside of the tear, squeezing the excess out, and putting some tape on it till it dries.

I used Tony's advice on a small tear in the NNBS seat where it likes to get squeezed by the plastic on the drivers seat. Closer to the seat belt. Got the fabric glue from Michael's. Actually came in a 3 pack. Been holding up pretty well with wife in and out all the time. Not perfect, but has kept the tear from opening further, yet still flexes with lots of ass traffic.

Worth giving it a go to stop the tear now, before it gets worse.

:2cents:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2