stop me if this is ugly or won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a stock PEWTER 2001 tahoe lt 4wd. i need new tires asap. (all 4 are bald and flat) i was thinking about doing this, but wanted to make sure it would work and look ok (combo and color).

my tahoe has exactly 2" higher in the rear with the rollpan on. so i'd leave the rear alone and do ford keys up front, to make it level as a laser beam lol.

liquid metal gatlin matte black 17" wheels with 285's or 295's

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/wh...bmitProductSize.do?r=MNMINT|pc|55433&pc=49170

i'd like to do a A/T tire.
-295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers for the tread pattern, but will it be too stuffed?

-other options are 285/70/17 bfg a/t ko (overpriced and tread is to aggressive)

-or 285/70/17 bridgestone dueler a/t revo 2 (tread might not be aggressive enough)

anyone know what those nitto tg's actually measure out to?

this is my new baby hauler so i don't want to lift it any higher. just trying to avoid being a new mini van dad and just have a clean simple tahoe.

Attachments

• liqgat_mtb_ang.jpg
    liqgat_mtb_ang.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 14

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those rims look good and the terragraplers are good tires im shure you would be happy with them

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it. I think it'll look badass....

I have the Deuler Revo 2's and they're nice tires and have been wearing great, but the tread is not aggressive at all. I would recommend the Nitto TG or the GY Wrangler DuraTracs. The DuraTracs look pretty aggressive but are still supposed to be pretty great on pavement...and they'd look gnarly with those wheels you posted...

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the terra grapplers, had them before, and right now for my winter wheels im running cooper discoverer ST's check them out they are alittle more agressive then an A/T but less than an M/T and they are reasonably priced

wheels are sick btw, rock them

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figure if i hate the look i can sell the combo to my brother and i'll drop it back down with 20's.

OP
OP
YNOT

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered them and 295 nitto's i'll post pics once they're on.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Im not so sure, that look is usually more geared towards the lifted trucks. Not bashing, just saying. THe bad ass black wheels with aggressive tires (you said nitto terra graplers) are really more for the trucks that have a lift on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse