Stock voltage meter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I asked this already. I thought I did but couldn't find the thread and sometimes my tapatalk doesn't pick up every reply, yeah odd huh? My question is, how accurate is the factory voltage meter? If its decent I probably won't add another one. It'll be used to watch voltage drops in my audio system. Right now my truck stays between 13-14 volts but I only have a stock stereo too. I'm adding a 1,500 watt amp and HU so it'll be more important when that time comes to watch for voltage drops. I'll also probably add a second battery to be safe too.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you're running multiple batteries, I wouldn't worry about getting an extra voltage meter. Dual batteries and your stock volt meter is fine.

The only thing meters will do is show if somethings wrong with one of your batteries. Like if you have 3 batteries, why 1 battery is at 12 and the other 2 are at 14 or something.

RickyFriery97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would add a aftermart Volt meter wired directly at the amplifier, thats where you want to monitor the voltage

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would add a aftermart Volt meter wired directly at the amplifier, thats where you want to monitor the voltage

I agree my voltage comes straight from my amp. Also it's nice having a simple number to look at then trying to read a gauge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihtblzr